Music Producer Name

jake_h122

My name is Jake Andrew and I have been producing music on fl studio 9 for almost a year now. I want to put it on some kind of site like soundcloud or something but I need a good name. I make mostly Rap/Hip-Hop and R&B songs but im open to multiple different genres. I honestly have no idea what name i could possibly choose. I was looking at DJ Mavis and I googled it and someone already has it. Then I realized Id prefer something that is relative to my name. preferably without the DJ, but if it sounds good feel free to post it. Anything you guys can think of would be wonderful. Thank You :D

That's the last thing you should ask other people for advice on, IMO. It's about YOU, homes. Be original and think about it. I have multiple ones that I am weeding out.

You should use a name that has a personal meaning to you so you always have a reason to keep it. People change their producer/artist names way to often so they loose a lot of their fanbases.

Think of something that isnt too generic or too long/complicated to remember.

How about using your real name? Could just go w that

Mr Jake' something simple? If it is not something that is a bit more personal to you, you will find changing your names every 2-3 months.

Also unless your a DJ there's no reason you should have DJ in your name anyway!

finding a name for yourself is hard, if you've ever been in a band it's the same thing as finding a name but usually 3 to 5 times harder because of the other people in the band... it could be a simple as just your name bro, and honestly, it could be a name that's really stupid but it's the way you market it and how you make other people see it or hear it.

My producer name is RKATEK, I got this from me going to college for Construction Engineering Architectural Design where we learned how to build shit and I do drafting now for an architectural firm. But it's the same for music, I build my beats like you would build or design a house, so I'm RKATEK...nice to meet ya.

Hope this helps a little man.

i was dubbed "freaky ty" in high school by some friends, i jus took that and ran with it...

AHHhh..touche Charnell lol, purple on top of being new got me overlooking things. But personally i like DJ Jake Drew. Sounds like a star already...and thanks Beats09, gotta do it for the MAC til the end.

Back