mpc 3000

M

mj milla

yo i was just reading on what the rockwilder uses to make his beats and it said an mpc 3000? i thought that was a drum machine? he makes all those beats on that little box? dre is using one in his coors light commercial too, all the good ones use them. but what do you do just sample the sounds in to the and play like a rythm?

Basically yeah, you sample the sounds in and play your rhythm. The MPC 3000 is more than just a drum machine tho, it's a full featured MIDI sequencer. You can use it to sequence keyboards and modules as well as your drum tracks.

cool. life would be so much easier with an mpc then a sh*tty keyboard lol...

so you all say the 3000 is better than the 2000 or 2000xl, there seems to be a big debate between these two, i cant make up my mind which on to get

I won't even get into that debate... my answer is obvious.

All I'll say is get whichever one you personally like better, and fits better with YOUR needs.

Well once it's actually on the streets and I've been able to play with it I'll let you know.

From the features Akai has advertised it looks like it's a HUGE step forward. One thing the 4000 has that no MPC has had so far is multisample support... this is a major new feature that a lot of people have been wanting for a while. Now if it can record audio while the sequence is playing then I think I'm sold, if not I'll just get a Motif.

Back