Mixing and mastering video tutorials

I honestly would skip the Youtube videos, at this time, and purchase some books that will give you insight into a broad-range of topics. After or in-conjunction to reading the books, utilize other information sources to gain further knowledge about the subject/technique from in-person connections, Youtube, subscription video courses, blogs, etc.

In my opinion, The Mixing Engineer's Handbook, 4th Edition and The Mastering Engineer's Handbook, 4th Edition, by Bobby Owsinski, are excellent resources for a hobbyist or nascent mixing and mastering engineer, as they are written in a casual tone and not overly technical.

The Recording Engineer's Handbook, 4th Edition might be worth purchasing, as well, in the future.

Last edited:
I'd suggest reading articles like SOS synth secrets plus the manual for your daw [the controls transfer over to all other daws by default granted the features are in them]
If it's a hobby and enjoyable it'll be second nature to you after a while if you do not constantly change your workflow.

Busy Works Beats has some good advice on mixing and mastering. He doesn't delve into the topics too far but he gives you basically what you will need. I'm still a novice at making music but have progressed from watching plenty of youtube videos on the subjects. Check out my latest beat. Trust me if I posted my older stuff you'd wanna barf! haha

I'm making some for fl studio and ableton. You can view my tutorials here: Lessons

They're mostly for production, but there are a lot of videos on using the mixer.

Back