MIDI controller!

getcrunk

wazzup!

I was thinking of buying a MIDI keyboard controller to use with some of my software synths and such like Absynth, Battery2, Kontakt 2 etc. The thing is I see them come in different sizes so im not sure which to choose. Some has 25 keys, some have 49, 88 and so on.

Is there any negative sides of buying an 88-keys MIDI keyboard in use with different softsynths, compared with f.ex a 49-keys? My budget is like 400-500 dollars, but i ain't buying 88keys if it aint neccesary. No sequencer is needed either.
Would appreciate of some of you could give me a pointer on this, and maybe post some product recommendations. Thanks 4 your help :)

YEAH GET THE KEYSTATION PRO 88 THE BEST CONTROLLER ON THE MARKET. AND IT'S ONLY $400 NOW THE PRICE WENT DOWN $100 SO IT WOULD BE A GOOD DEAL.

I dont know if the KS88pro is the best on the market but I have one and am more than happy with it. Just dont try to carry it around too much unless you want to break your back. Otherwise also look into CME controllers.

dont look at the cme's I heard they suck. quite a few people on here said it as well. But one thing i do know, the KS88 always gets love and respect.

PLEASE NAME A CONTROLLER THAT HAS MORE FEATURES THAN THE KEYSTATION PRO 88. I WOULD LIKE FOR SOMEONE TO NAME IT.

yes it has transport controls which are easy to assign to any daw. i have a keystation pro its the main controller to my studio.

Last edited:
they haven't hit the stores yet they won't be shipped out for about a month from now on the web. my boy works at guitar center so he's giving me the heads up that because im looking to get one myself but it's still not better than the kp88.

I have a Edirol PCR50 and a EMU XBoard 49.. both are adequate. The PCR has a better feel than EMU but the EMU came with ProteusXLE which has some killer sounds.

How much knob tweaking do you think you'll be doing? Do you need the pads?

This will help you narrow it down.

mrgibbs said:
they haven't hit the stores yet they won't be shipped out for about a month from now on the web. my boy works at guitar center so he's giving me the heads up that because im looking to get one myself but it's still not better than the kp88.

music 123 says there in stock but if they arent ill be sure to wait in line they look sick.

dbrand02121 said:
dont look at the cme's I heard they suck.

"I heard they suck" is a pretty weak argument by any means. The only thing weak about the CME's current crop is that the USB drivers are a bit unstable. With regular MIDI they're great.

Back