Melodies.

P

Pose

I find myself having some trouble sometimes..actually being able to play whats in my head...i was taking Piano lessons but quit, didnt really float my boat, but recently ive been looking at all those 'learn the keyboard in 5 weeks!' softwares..videos..books, and was wondering if they are just scams..or actually work? Have any of you tried them?

I guess it couldnt hurt to drop 30 more dollars, but im cheap (especially after my $2,500 purchase a couple weeks ago :p)

-Thanks,
Pose.

never tried them -- if you think 30 is worth the investment though, go ahead and give it a shot

don't do it in my opinion, save the 30 dollars....lol

just take your keyboard and listen to a cd....then try to play the melody from the song you were listening to. this will help you build your ear and tone. after you do that for a few hours, days, weeks, however long it takes you. then you'll be able to hum something and go to the keyboard and put it down with no problem.....hope it works for you....don't give into the gimmicks....lol.

Thanks.

I'll give that a go B.Ward thanks for the help,
Peace.

Your better of learning on your own. Those books usually give you alot of theory, which sometimes can seem overwhelming. I find it the best, to learn by ear.

I agree learning by ear is best. I started music by playing guitar (at 13) and I played by ear for a couple years, I would hear a song id like, ussually something simple like nirvana and figure out the power chords then id play the melody on single strings and tweak them. now I play the piano as well as guitar and I have started getting pretty deep into music theory, But i dont think my skills would be close to where they are today without those years of training my ear.

take your time

new producers. pleese dont rush the process and git frustrated with melodies. take your time with things. keep reading the book till you understand it. and stay in one section till you master it. start with memorzing your scales. major scales. and then find a book on improvisation and study it like ur bible. peece n blessings.

keep reading the book till you understand it.
what book would that be?? i've been look for a book on the basics of production.

well I know music theory, cuz i play the guitar and have read so much on it, but I don't know how to apply, what i learn. i know scales, chords, keys tc. but how do i know when to use it?

i took a piano class while i was in college but didnt pass it cause i just wasnt into it that much like i am now but i kept the book we had to use its a basic adult piano course level one i think there are more levels but i dont have them...well with me i never want to really learn the piano to the point i can stand infront of millions at a concert hall and play some morzart but i want to be able to have understanding of it all so i use this book until it gets kind of out of control and would need a some one who already knows how to play to break what something means cause the book dont go into much detail but i been doing good with out it cause i understand the keyz and the notes and the few chords i have learn this far...i once read that Timbaland said he dont know how to play the piano and is afraid to learn cause he dont want mess up what comes to hime natural already and i can understand that but me i can get freaky with the keyz already but i want to know what im doing and why im doing it. to me its kind of like knowing how to shoot a basketball but your form is ugly so you want to learn to shoot it the right way. im abouts to get a LEARN the Piano for dummies real soon cause it breaks alot of stuff down good.....i seen some computer programs that teach you too...i mean if you have no clue where middle c is on the board then anything will help....plus you can train your while you learn to train your fingers to move like they should.....

aarockla said:

what book would that be?? i've been look for a book on the basics of production.

NOT QUITE A PRODUCTION BOOK BUT LOOK FOR JAZZ IMPROVISATION. TEACHES YOU ALOT OF METHODS OF IMPROV TO MAKE ALOT OF COMBINATIONS IN CHORDS. FROM MAJOR MINOR AUGMENTED FIFTHS AND ALL THAT ISH. AND MAKE UR OWN MELODIES. DONT HAVE TO MAKE JAZZ MUSIC BUT U CAN FREAK THE IMPROV. PEECE N BLESSINGS

Back