M-Audio Keystation 49e + Audiophile USB delay.

JeremyJ651

Hey all, just picked up a Keystation 49e at a discount to use as a controller in my setup. Finally got it to work, but there is a delay from when I hit a key to when the sound is heard. Is this due to the controller using USB to transmit the MIDI codes?

I also notice that when I've armed a track for recording within Cakewalk, there's similar delay in the audio. Did I just waste money on what appears to be one of the few inexpensive audio board solutions for my laptop?

Wondering what my options are here as I'm fairly new to using USB for audio/MIDI purposes.

I think your problem is latency, and I've seen a lot of people on here tell others that adjusting the buffer size can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I set the latency to the Very Low setting within the Audiophile's control panel. This has helped, but there still seems to be a little bit of lag. At least it is now playable. :)

what kind of soundcard do you use?
do you use ASIO drivers?
if not you might consider getting the asio4all drivers (click me), which can help reduce latency as well (if you're not running new, up to date asio drivers already)

when you're in cakewalk you can certainly choose which drivers to use (i don't use cakewalk myself so i can't tell you where to do this)

check if there the asio drivers are selected and if you can change the buffer settings there as well

btw. do you have a usb 2.0 or 1.x connector on your pc?

Back