M.AUDIO AV20 or KURZWEIL KS-40

mcmckara

For couple of months , I collected UR22 sound card,Behringer c1 and Behringer xm8500 microphones,Sennheiser HD 201 , Samson SR850, some pop filter, stand etc. and wished to start record somethings.But since then, I didn't have a chance to really dive into because of the school etc.There are tons of things to learn and I could just come to a point that I can hear what I play from the mics :).Anyway this is another topic.

Now,my room needs speakers.I still use laptop speakers,my music production enthusiasm rose again and the semester is coming.Nice oppurtunity to get further in this topic.I need to buy a speaker.I am thinking that instead of buying some 2+1 speakers for 30 or 40 bucks should I put a little more money and go towards a speaker monitor that I might benefit in case mixing recordings.

You must have already noticed my parameter has always been the budget when I gave my item list.

My biggest questions are

Should I buy the cheapest speaker monitors ?
If yes should it be M.AUDIO AV20 or KURZWEIL KS-40 ?
Are they going to please me when I watch movie,listen music etc.

Thanks everybody.

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot to ask other options but thank you for your attention.I looked it up but unfortunately it is not as cheap as it is in eBay in my country.I don't know why but it is twice expensive the ones that I mentioned :( By the way what about Behringer MS16 ?

^This. No point buying the cheapest thing. Save up for something actually decent. Where do you live in?

Thank you all.I like the saying that i am notrich enough to buy cheap things :) but here in Turkey 1 US dollar is 3.40 Turkish liras so the things are more expensive to me than to most of you. As I student I can't wait to collect those much money.I guess I will buy Kurzweil ks-40.At least in the future I will know the difference when I got something has more quality :)

Last edited:
Wait believe me... I'm not American, In my country $1 us = $128... So think about that my g... But if you want to get into it now,
buy them. I wish i could recommend it, but i don't know them at all, and could find enough on them...

well I think saving for the better quality gear is better but if you feel at your level you don't need the best right now then stick to the cheaper pair you most likely wouldn't regret it especially if it's your first pair of monitors, i'm actually interested in getting the M-Audio AV32

well I think saving for the better quality gear is better but if you feel at your level you don't need the best right now then stick to the cheaper pair you most likely wouldn't regret it especially if it's your first pair of monitors, i'm actually interested in getting the M-Audio AV32

There are a lot of options between the best and the turds though :)

Back