Looking for Some Help

DosDose

I'll start this thread off by saying this, you know how a lot of people just zone off and day dream? Well, I don't day dream, I day make up random crazy beats in my head, ALL the damn time. So I just went out and got FL Studio 11.

I'm using a desktop computer, a keyboard, a mouse, speakers and some headphones. I'm not too focused on equipment at this point, I just want to learn the basics on the software side first.

A few questions here:
  • Is FL Studio 11 a good "learning" software?
  • What other software do I need?
  • Any good tutorial videos? (I've looked on youtube and they just assume you already know the basics)
  • Any other advice for a newcomer!

Seriously, any help is much appreciated. I'm more of a hands on learner, which is hard because I don't have any DJ/Producer friends I can bug to teach me IRL.

1) FL is not a "learning" software. It's a full fledged DAW. (Same goes for Ableton, Logic, etc). But starting off with a fully capable DAW like this is the best way to go.

2) For now, you won't really need anything else. The native plugins and VSTs are incredibly high quality.

3)

There's a series of tutorials on this channel that are really informative about how to do basic things in FL.

4) Make sure you actually finish some of your tracks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the quick response! After watching just the first half of that series of tutorials, I feel like a have somewhat a starting point.

Much appreciated!

Back