LOL @ Creative X-Fi "technology"

krushing

This graph might exemplify the biggest load of BS in quite some time.

fe_an_experience.gif

"X-Fi technology breathes life back into the songs. It restores the details, expands the music to surround sound and creates an experience that goes beyond studio quality."

:D:D:D

I'm sorry if the informational value of this post is close to zero. :)

I guess it's time to get one of these and work on a mix, turn the mixes to low quality mp3's, run the audio through an x-fi, and end up with a better product.

all this it is a small mastering effect on those sound cards. Its nice to claim that you can breathe new life into a 128kbps mp3 compaired to a 1141kbps studio wav file. Dosen't sound like it would be possible to reach higher than near scratched cd quality. But dolby has turned a stero signal into a 7.1 mix for headphones. so I suppose creative could "simulate" (word being simulate a studio quality piece..

WTF HELL???? Did they really put that out as part of their marketting????? ahaha

They obviously are aiming it at the regular consumer who shouldn't have any idea how vague a term "studio quality" is...

Xabiton said:
I cant breathe man they need to stop this **** is too funny
It'll "breathe life into your songs" but it stops Xabiton from breathing... Maybe a warning label is in order...

"Warning thinking this pos interface will make your music sound good may cause loss of breath and/or slight dizziness. consult your Doctor before use"

with all this negativity about this x fi, i have it, got it for free a while back, and im not going to defend it, but i will say it is very decent

Ohh yes... The X-Fi :D

Funny thing, I just noticed they have even started to censor their own advertisement? I mean, some while ago, this marketing page still said:

"Don't just rip your music - Super-Rip it! When you Super-Rip, Sound Blaster X-Fi uses the 24-bit Crystalizer & CMSS-3D features to permanently reconstruct and enhance your recording! Instead of a low-quality MP3 file, you'll get an XtremeFidelity 24-bit WMA file!"

Gee.

You can still read this paragraph if you google "super rip it" and check out the google cache of the first hit. Now the only thing remaining of that particular claim is the "SUPER RIP" logo. Might have something to do with the RIAA pressure on "ripping" and such?

Anyway, the whole X-Fi marketing material is such a heap of misleading crap, it pretty much kills the interest in the product. That is, in the case of anyone who can see through the rhetorics.

Last edited:
I am sure it is decent at "simulating" or as they term it "experiance" a very nice sound quality of maybe say a transcoded stream. Now if they were to put that up there on their little graph, I would be more swayed to believe it. But like I said, you can digitaly simulate anything really. If noone has ever heard of this technology, check it out.
http://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/headphone.html
and up there I put it was 7.1, I was wtong it's only 5.1 but it is from a stereo signal nun the less.

The Dolby headphone tech is quite the opposite of what the X-Fi claims to do - it's adapting 5.1 to a headphone setting while retaining the "surround" quality, while X-Fi claims to pull 5.1 from a stereo track, where there simply isn't any surround info to work with in the first place...

I'm sure the X-Fi sounds "better" (or at least a bit louder with some high-freq excitement) to the casual listener, it's just the way they present it is completely ridiculous...

I know its different, where it is the same is claiming and presenting something that it can do thru digital procesesing.

Guenon said:

Funny thing, I just noticed they have even started to censor their own advertisement? I mean, some while ago, this marketing page still said:

"Don't just rip your music - Super-Rip it! When you Super-Rip, Sound Blaster X-Fi uses the 24-bit Crystalizer & CMSS-3D features to permanently reconstruct and enhance your recording! Instead of a low-quality MP3 file, you'll get an XtremeFidelity 24-bit WMA file!"
damn since when was it ok to lie to sell your products. WMA files are worse than mp3s

Guenon said:

Gee.

You can still read this paragraph if you google "super rip it" and check out the google cache of the first hit. Now the only thing remaining of that particular claim is the "SUPER RIP" logo. Might have something to do with the RIAA pressure on "ripping" and such?

Anyway, the whole X-Fi marketing material is such a heap of misleading crap, it pretty much kills the interest in the product. That is, in the case of anyone who can see through the rhetorics.

oh yea, i heard about that. it was because the 'super' in 'super-ripping' threatened to contaminate reality itself. apparently, too much 'super' is dangerous.

you know what i love about that graph- that the crucial unit of measure is 'experience'.

perhaps they mean the 'life-experience' you gain by trying to get an mp3 to sound like a studio track, and then having those expectations destroyed while someone laughs at you..... builds character!!

in that way, id say they are right on. i bet their lawyers might agree... at some point.

peace.

krushing said:
They obviously are aiming it at the regular consumer who shouldn't have any idea how vague a term "studio quality" is...

Yes exactly............./I see half of FP switching to creative sound cards.

They are great for HipHop and emulate Triton and Motif.........:angel:

people in these forums dont know about the "gangstanater". but ive been wondering for a while and maybe these "mixing/mastering" forum guys would know.. what is the quality of reality ? like cd is 128 and wave is 1414 or some crap like that. what level should something be where their is no difference from the actual sound being recorded? maybe speakers to playback at the real life quality dont exist but what level would it be ?

California said:
people in these forums dont know about the "gangstanater". but ive been wondering for a while and maybe these "mixing/mastering" forum guys would know.. what is the quality of reality ? like cd is 128 and wave is 1414 or some crap like that. what level should something be where their is no difference from the actual sound being recorded? maybe speakers to playback at the real life quality dont exist but what level would it be ?

1billion bit. and your tweeters have to be made out of the souls of babies.

and, can we please *not* have to know what 'gangstanater' means...?

:D

peace.

Back