LOL @ Creative X-Fi "technology"

Sqito said:
:bigeyes: Do you really think that's enough?

well, no, but i heard that humans cant hear anything over like 900k bit anyway...
the extra 100k is for my dog i guess....

or just to make change.

peace.

to be correct: for a stereo 44.1 wavefile:
88200 samples per second * 16 bits equals a bitrate of 1.411.200 bits per second.
that divided by 1024 is approx. 1400 kbit/s for the pure stereo wave file as opposed to the internet "standard" of 128 kbit/s for mp3s. :)

btw: 6000 kbit/s for a stereo 96kHz32bitFP file, 4500 kbit/s for a 96kHz/24bit one. (depending on the storage method of the 24bit file)

Last edited:
Sight kinda does, but ones brain is capable of tricking you by filling in blurred missing info you won't notice. (Just what I've read somewhere, don't quote me on that. :) )

Last edited:
it might have an actual level ,but the question is what level does it became an exact replica, if people know yet

and if not that. what rate does our brain sample at? when real life sound enters our ear , it is compressed to roughly what?(whats the level where anything higher than , doesnt matter anymore to our ears)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO 96kHz/32bit Floating point is as near as a human being is capable of consciously noticing a difference. Others will probably disagree.

the signal to dB noise ratio gets dramatically decreased when dealing with digital Floating Point values.
Digital aliasing artifacts get pushed to almost unhearable frequencies when using such samplerates...
so bare with me...^^

another issue: "perfect replica"?
You'll never get that. ;) unless ripping cd's or the like

Last edited:
"Consumer audio equipment manufacturer Creative have unveiled a new device that is designed to enhance the quality of MP3, WMA and AAC files to 'beyond studio quality'.

Xmod is a small device that connects between your computer or MP3 player and a pair of speakers or headphones; 'upconverting' the signal to a 24-bit surround sound format, known to Creative as 'X-Fi', in the process."

:D :D

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=8598

Back