Learning the MPC1000 beforehand.

Skettalee

Whats up you guys. Im going to buy an MPC1000. Dont know how soon exactly yet. I just want to add it to my collection of toys to play with and start sampling from vinyl to it and I just like the feel of making beats with the pads like that. I played with a sampler at a music store once and just with whatever samples were loaded I fell in love. BUT!!!!!!!! Im scared in buying the MPC1000 cause I dont know anything about it. I catch on to things pretty quick but still Id love to find some videos on the net like the one in your tutorials section on using the mpc. Does anyone know where I could find some videos on how to use it? If not, id paid someone to create some videos on a step by step how to use the MPC1000. Thank you guys very much.

whats up skettalee, aint seen you around here in a while...

go to mpc-forums.com, ive seen some videos on there.

Last edited:
www.samplekings.com has them. i bought one of them once for the mbox and it was good. it was a little bootlegg because it was only available on VHS (they have DVD now) and for owning a top notch recording studio i expected better sound then the onboard mic of a consumer level camcorder. overall it was good and it focused on using the mbox in a hiphop enviorment which is what i was looking for.

Its good to be back. its been a while. I been in film school and graduated (its a military film school) so now im back to business! Thanks for the help so far. Im probably interested in the MPC1000 from ya man.

Skettalee said:
Its good to be back. its been a while. I been in film school and graduated (its a military film school) so now im back to business! Thanks for the help so far. Im probably interested in the MPC1000 from ya man.

What up Sketta? Congratulations on the graduation.

you don't need a book for the 1k. Just hit record and play and hit the pads. The only way your going to learn is by making wack beats and spending time to get better. I know you have a massive CPU setup so using the 1k you might feel limited because you can only do so much, but purchasing a MPC to me was money well spent.

Skettalee said:
Its good to be back. its been a while. I been in film school and graduated (its a military film school)

what in the name of......?????
the several jobs i had in the military had the word combat in front of them.

yes i'm h.a.t.i.n.g

i'd stay away from samplekings. my opinion is that they stay too much on the basic level. stuff youd easily learn yourself

When im setting up wavs to pads in the program section, by the time i do 6 pads it says insufficent memory, is there a way of compressing them. Its easy to say just hit the pads, i am limited to sounds if i dont no how do get wavs to fit on there.

Well i went ahead and just bought the m-audio trigger finger. Id love it if i can get it to work. I got it 10 minutes ago and tried it in cubase, reason and sonar and cant get nothing out of it. HELP!!!!!!!!!! I made another post about that help though.

Back