Learning to make beats with Ableton Live 9 and Push!

ProducerJC

IndieHost
What's up FP!

I've recent purchased Ableton Push and Live 9 Suite and haven't been able to stop making tracks. Although, I'm not ready to start releasing music at this time, ideas are flowing and I'm glad to own this dynamic duo. Before using Ableton Live, most of my beats were made using Reason. This was prior to a studio break in that left me instrumentless. Needless to say, I didn't feel like making beats using just my laptop. This was a few years ago and now I'm well on the road of studio recovery. Anyway, back to Ableton chat...

My current DAW includes: Ableton Live 9 Suite, Ableton Push, Reason 7 and the Yamaha MX49 Keyboard Controller. Obviously, this setup should keep me busy for a while; however, I've still got more in the shopping cart. The purpose here is to extent my creative boundaries and I've already seen Ableton do this for other producers.

I was wondering, how many Hip Hop Producers are using Ableton software and if they perform live with it. I can see the potential, does anyone here have more experience with Ableton? I've only been using it for a couple of weeks and I'm looking for more ways to be creative using Ableton Live and Reason 7 together.

Example videos are extremely helpful.

Last edited:
Back