Its Offical The Acid 6 Demo Is Here!

Booo.. All programs should come with screenshots on their official homepage before they even release so people can see the things without downloading it and find out everything. Take a page out of the linux book.

But yeah, I hate Acid. Probably because I already own ProTools though. I used to use it back when 3.0 was the latest but still didn't think it was all that slick then.

Glad they still doin it though cause obviously some people like it.

Whats new with 6.0 BTW?

I love Acid. Tho I like Pro Tools also Acid is a lot easier and is just as good of a tool IMO. Anyway

2.0 What’s New
Multitrack audio and MIDI recording
Input monitoring for audio recording
Multiple media clips per track (including copy-and-paste of events between tracks)
Automatic crossfades between overlapping events
MIDI editing on the timeline
MIDI track envelopes and keyframes for continuous controller, program change, and VSTi parameter automation
Processing and filtering for MIDI events
MIDI input filters for tracks
Drum grid timeline editing mode with drum map editor
Program map editor for external MIDI devices
MIDI export
Project sections for easy arranging
Envelope automation recording
Freehand envelope drawing on the timeline
Enhanced paint tool for MIDI, one-shot, and Beatmapped clips
Dynamic playback optimization maximizes audio performance
Support for control surfaces including the Mackie Control Universal and Frontier TranzPort
Gracenote® media recognition technology for extracting audio from CDs (not available in trial mode)
Film-style panning mode for 5.1 surround projects

a lot of midi stuff really that they didnt have before. moving acid along the way to compete with more of the "high end" software

Cool I should give the demo a try - I am always interested in testing any tool that comes out.

Sometimes I am impressed by very simple tools with only a few features - stuff people usually diss

("huh it dozent hav 10000 feeturez??? LOL ma boi tol me yo need 10000 feeturez to prohdeuce heet!!!! DATS A FAKT")

:D

mano 1 said:
Cool I should give the demo a try - I am always interested in testing any tool that comes out.

Sometimes I am impressed by very simple tools with only a few features - stuff people usually diss

("huh it dozent hav 10000 feeturez??? LOL ma boi tol me yo need 10000 feeturez to prohdeuce heet!!!! DATS A FAKT")

:D

That's actually very true...

I had a friend that's always im'ing me "you have <insert program name here>"... long story short dude must have every program known to man- I'm talkin all the orchestra libraries, DAWs...etc. (as you can guess not legally)...

Point is, it's not about having 5 million things at your disposal... All they do is convolute your work flow, take up hd space, and forces you to over process your tracks...

few pads said:
thanks x

Have you tryed the demo yet?

im on dial up so it's gonna take sometime now,but im siked.
i havent i was at work when i discovered it but ill probabaly give it a shot tonight

Glad to see Acid's implementation of so many new features that have been overlooked for so long.

Finally steppin' it up to the big boys, but lets see how it does.

I'ma def get the demo, and see if it's worth it.

Not been a fan of acid since early on, first software loop sequencer I used.

Crazy how time changes.

its no longer a loop thank god.

acid pro 6 has so many bugs right now god help me i cant view sofy synth properties ? i cant even find the screen for my soft synths after i insert and theres no option anymore for it and the piano roll is confusing ,last but not least i cant get my edirol ur-80 control surface to wrok. if any one figured these thinsg out let me know.

yea never buy the first edition of Acid lol. its always bug ridden. Im just excited this version is out I think it will be fixed before the end of summer if not sooner. i wish sony would do some beta testing before they released new editions but oh well

Sony,should be ashamed of themselves for using the consumers as beta testers,and not working these things out before release.They are far from the only ones though.
Imageline did the same thing with FL,albiet with less bugs than acid usually has.
All these companies seem to be in a version numbers war lol.
Orion Platinum 6,Samplitude 8,Protools 7,FL 6,Acid 6,Ableton live 5,Sonar 5,and man Reason is only at 3!Those guys at Props are behind hehe.

I like the way newer apps like EnergyXT,Luna,and Reaper are being developed with the developer hanging out at the product forum,and actually adding features that people request in a timely manner.
Some random dude might say add such,and such feature,a couple others chime in,and boom a day or 2 later it's there.
Now that's product support.

Mattman04 said:
Sony,should be ashamed of themselves for using the consumers as beta testers,and not working these things out before release.They are far from the only ones though.
Imageline did the same thing with FL,albiet with less bugs than acid usually has.
All these companies seem to be in a version numbers war lol.
Orion Platinum 6,Samplitude 8,Protools 7,FL 6,Acid 6,Ableton live 5,Sonar 5,and man Reason is only at 3!Those guys at Props are behind hehe.

I like the way newer apps like EnergyXT,Luna,and Reaper are being developed with the developer hanging out at the product forum,and actually adding features that people request in a timely manner.
Some random dude might say add such,and such feature,a couple others chime in,and boom a day or 2 later it's there.
Now that's product support.

True, it sucks the consumer gets the buggy new version, but there is absolutely no way to test these in every environment and setup they might encounter.

I do think some registered users should be used as beta testers, save the end user some bugs.

I like beta testing but I think it should only be for registered users and they should get discounts on the upgrade

Xabiton said:
I like beta testing but I think it should only be for registered users and they should get discounts on the upgrade

Or you should be tested somehow, to become a beta tester, pay like a 10 dollar fee for the test processing, and then if you pass you get to be a beta tester, along with upgrade discounts.

And if you don't pass the test, your out a big ol whoppin 10 bucks.

I'd pay that much to test software.

why pay to try a buggy demo when u can wait and get one that works right for free. thats like payin people to buy ur beats

Xabiton said:
why pay to try a buggy demo when u can wait and get one that works right for free. thats like payin people to buy ur beats

I get you man, but think how many registered users would try to get on the beta team. It'd be rediculous to just let everyone or limit it to 50 people. You never know if half those people even know what they're doing.

I think securing the beta team with a minimal test even for 5 bucks, would keep the idiots out.

Just my opinion, but I understand what you mean.

i get what ur sayin tho I can agree somewhat with the test its the payment for testing that i cant get over. i refuse to pay anyone to test their product they want me to buy. FUPM

Xabiton said:
i get what ur sayin tho I can agree somewhat with the test its the payment for testing that i cant get over. i refuse to pay anyone to test their product they want me to buy. FUPM

I get you on that... I just don't think there is a solid way of beta testing.

The multiple environments that we create as producers can't be beta tested by all of us, so they have to limit how many can test, but what better way than testing you.

I think I have it. Track submit, no paying. The best 20-30 tracks wins.

that doesnt prove much tho. Kelly Clarkson won american Idol on a season where she shouldnt have made the top 5. People are biased and dont have very good taste. Granted she can sing but to say she was better than Tamyra is crazy

Back