Issue with uploading beats to Instagram

GeoBeats

Hi everyone,

I've recently started uploading 1 minute clips of my trap beats to Instagram. Unfortunately, I've noticed that the audio quality of my music is significantly decreased when uploaded to my Instagram page, resulting in my audio sounding as if it were underwater, especially when the drums and 808s kick in.

I've tried a variety of different settings on my master chain, exporting it at a variety of different levels (-5db, -3.2db etc) and also extracting it in mono, however this issue still arises. The process that I've been taking includes exporting the video file from windows movie maker, uploading it to my one drive, downloading it onto my iphone and then uploading it to instagram.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
George AKA GeoBeats

Last edited:
Try lowpassing your audio to 10 or 16 khz when you render it. When you add audio to video, the video takes up most of your bandwidth. So unlike soundcloud where full bandwidth audio is more or less OK, with video platforms you have to really cut down the high frequency audio as much as you can to leave more room for the video.

Back