Thread: Introductions and 300 beats in 300 days

Thanks

Introductions and 300 beats in 300 days

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello Everyone,
    Longtime reader, first time poster.
    I have learned a lot from perusing these forums and finally I am putting myself out there creatively.
    A little about me

I am a producer/musician currently living in Boston, I've always loved music, and now i'm trying to make a career out of it. I finally have begun to take active steps into making this into career. I know there is a long road ahead, but this is what I want to do. One of the parts of my personal growth as an artist is that right now is posting on forums and showing my music to more people. I know I got to talent to do this. So from my words, to this forum, to God's ears - I am going to make a career out of this thing.

Thanks and Cheers to all,
    alphonse

Thanks
    Welcome and what's your age and edu status? It's fine to want to make what you do a career but know that people are making more money selling the dream via recording gear, tutorials, etc. than there is money in living the dream of becoming a rapper, etc.
    "Once black music leaves its original context, it begins to take on different meanings and serve different functions, and it is interpreted very differently." Portia Maultsby

Thanks
    I am 27 now, I know a bit old for getting into the game. But I am under the belief that age is a minor thing when you have determination. And I am college educated, and I am aware that is also a career path. I have no qualms about doing that you, whatever you got to do to make a living right? Currently I work as a piano teacher, but my real interest is creating music, for others and with others. I like to cite Quincy Jones as the biggest influence followed jimmy jam and terry lewis, gamble and huff, Leon ware, Pharell, etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Alphonse View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Longtime reader, first time poster.
    I have learned a lot from perusing these forums and finally I am putting myself out there creatively.
    A little about me

I am a producer/musician currently living in Boston, I've always loved music, and now i'm trying to make a career out of it. I finally have begun to take active steps into making this into career. I know there is a long road ahead, but this is what I want to do. One of the parts of my personal growth as an artist is that right now is posting on forums and showing my music to more people. I know I got to talent to do this. So from my words, to this forum, to God's ears - I am going to make a career out of this thing.

Thanks and Cheers to all,
    alphonse
    i wish u well sir just do it for the love 1st and money a distant 2nd

Thanks
    You are right. Always for the love of it first. thank you

Thread Information