Important Info!

dvyce

TO: "I am going TO the store", "I need my pick TO play guitar"

TOO: "This poridge is TOO hot"

TWO: "I have TWO eyes"

THEY'RE: "THEY'RE going to the show"

THERE: "look over THERE"

THEIR: "THEIR singing group is very talented"

Put them all together: "TWO years TOO short of a time TO become skilled at mixing, but THEY'RE bringing THEIR song THERE to be mixed anyway."

Learning the difference between those words will make many of your posts much easier to read and understand.

(then after people get their caps lock keys fixed, and stop posting their entire text in custom colors, all will be right with the world!)

:)

You should put as much effort into learning about HOMOPHONES [i.e., words that sound alike but have different meanings] as you do about MICROPHONES! (especially since so many of you want to be songwriters/lyricists... this really is important.)

Thank you so much...

i've always wondered the difference between To & Too.. i just ended up never usin too.. it sounds "too" weird

as20gp said:
Thank you so much...

i've always wondered the difference between To & Too.. i just ended up never usin too.. it sounds "too" weird

...there ya go! I'm glad I made this thread. ;)

1251220921_a296454bfa_o.jpg

Seriously whats the big deal? no one is getting graded on spelling. Its just a interweb forum.

and i thought some really important info was goin to be in here cause a mod posted it.....
bong.gif
oh well

well when u guys are writin ur email giving thanks to your label for signing you for X million dollars.. u wont look like a retard nd use proper grammer

as20gp said:
well when u guys are writin ur email giving thanks to your label for signing you for X million dollars.. u wont look like a retard nd use proper grammer
I hope people really kno how to use proper grammar when they're responding to a business email

Hilarious and sad at the same time. . . I love it.
A whole thread on spelling, punctuation and grammar? This is two much. It will do FP wonders. Their should be a way however that Mano could put an automatic spell check before posts are accepted.

(lol)

ALIASTrP said:
I hope people really kno how to use proper grammar when they're responding to a business email

you would be suprised.. my dad is a buisness man, never went to college

nd he always finds it funny how these people who spend so much money and payin off student loans when there 40, don't kno proper letter writing format.

noblewordz said:
1251220921_a296454bfa_o.jpg

Seriously whats the big deal? no one is getting graded on spelling. Its just a interweb forum.

1. It is always a good thing to be intelligent and to come across as someone who is educated in general.

2. Very frequently, I have to read posts over and over (and I have seen arguments start over misinterpretations of peoples posts) because of the fact that these simple words were not used properly.

3. Nobody will take you seriously in the "real world" if you do not even understand how to use the most basic words in the english language.

4. This has nothing to do with "spelling"... these are completely different words with completely different meanings.

5. Just because you are not being "graded" does not mean you should refuse to understand something.

I wouldn't bother making corrections to your post:

"Seriously whats the big deal? no one is getting graded on spelling. Its just a interweb forum."

which should read:

"Seriously, what's the big deal? No one is being graded on spelling. It's just an interweb forum."

...because it is still pretty easy to understand what you were trying to say.

But if someone says:

"I am going too get a triton because there the best"

It is difficult to understand... "I am going too" means "I am going ALSO"... where are you going?

then he is telling us to get a Triton, rather that his intended meaning of saying he is getting a Triton himself...

...and THEN, he says he is getting "a triton because there the best"... THERE the best? WHERE the best? did he not finish his sentence? Was he trying to say "...because there, the best collection of piano sounds can be found"?

In the same way that using random settings on your compressor will give you a track that makes no sense, using random words will give you a sentence that makes no sense... and in both cases you may get lucky once in a while and come up with something that sounds like what you intended...

Or, you can just learn how to use your tools... even though you are not being "graded"

...although, the fact is, you ARE being "graded" in everything you do. People listen to you and size you up based on what you put out there.

as20gp said:

EXACTLY! you get it.

ALIASTrP said:
and i thought some really important info was goin to be in here cause a mod posted it.....
bong.gif
oh well

This is important. It is up to you to do what you will with the info.

Last edited:
dvyce said:
1. It is always a good thing to be intelligent and to come across as someone who is educated in general.

2. Very frequently, I have to read posts over and over (and I have seen arguments start over misinterpretations of peoples posts) because of the fact that these simple words were not used properly.

3. Nobody will take you seriously in the "real world" if you do not even understand how to use the most basic words in the english language.

4. This has nothing to do with "spelling"... these are completely different words with completely different meanings.

5. Just because you are not being "graded" does not mean you should refuse to understand something.

I wouldn't bother making corrections to your post:

"Seriously whats the big deal? no one is getting graded on spelling. Its just a interweb forum."

which should read:

"Seriously, whats the big deal? No one is being graded on spelling. It's just an interweb forum."

...because it is still pretty easy to understand what you were trying to say.

But if someone says:

"I am going too get a triton because there the best"

It is difficult to understand... "I am going too" means "I am going ALSO"... where are you going?

then he is telling us to get a Triton, rather that his intended meaning of saying he is getting a Triton himself...

...and THEN, he says he is getting "a triton because there the best"... THERE the best? WHERE the best? did he not finish his sentence? Was he trying to say "...because there, the best collection of piano sounds can be found"?

In the same way that using random settings on your compressor will give you a track that makes no sense, using random words will give you a sentence that makes no sense... and in both cases you may get lucky once in a while and come up with something that sounds like what you intended...

Or, you can just learn how to use your tools... even though you are not being "graded"

...although, the fact is, you ARE being "graded" in everything you do. People listen to you and size you up based on what you put out there.

EXACTLY! you get it.

This is important. It is up to you to do what you will with the info.

1. I agree.

2. I can't say I have that problem myself. Its easy for arguments to start, its hard to see sarcasm and such in words.

3. But this ain't the real work, this is the Internet ;)

4. I know.

I have never had the problem with the understanding what people say, I might have to read it over again but its no big deal to me. (did I use "to" right?)

BTW your double and triple spacing of paragraphs get annoying. ;)

One last thing, you should take into account some people have learning difficulty's, its not they don't want to or are to lazy, they just can't.

Bottom line is, I'm just messing with ya :D

"Learning difficulties" can come from teachers/people not caring to take the effort to try really teaching them to learn in the first place.

I put additional spaces between sections to differentiate them from eachother when appropriate.

...and I think something is wrong with your meter, because mine reads waaaay up there.

dvyce said:
"Learning difficulties" can come from teachers/people not caring to take the effort to try really teaching them to learn in the first place.

I put additional spaces between sections to differentiate them from eachother when appropriate.

...and I think something is wrong with your meter, because mine reads waaaay up there.

Learning difficulties don't develop from bad parenting.

But you don't need to double space it. And "eachother" is two words.

Your meter is broken.

I'm glad someone brought this up finally. I can't explain how hard it is for me to follow people's posts because of their ridiculous grammar. Doesn't anyone notice how much easier it is to read something that's capitalized properly, punctuated properly, and spelled properly? All that stuff is done for a reason, it's not just people mindlessly following the rules their grade school teachers established. It's done because capitalization makes important parts of sentences stand out, punctuation allows you to write in the way that people actually speak, and proper spelling allows people to know what word you mean without going through that "spell correction filter" in their mind. It makes me think that no one on the internet reads actual books, since they would probably write more intelligently if they were presented with intelligent writing more often.

I guess I should be used to it after this many years of the internet.

EDIT: The capitalization doesn't really bother me, but seriously, it's the shift key. It's right there, I don't think about hitting it anymore, it just happens. No one has to taking typing classes in school anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hosey said:
I'm glad someone brought this up finally. I can't explain how hard it is for me to follow people's posts because of their ridiculous grammar. Doesn't anyone notice how much easier it is to read something that's capitalized properly, punctuated properly, and spelled properly? All that stuff is done for a reason, it's not just people mindlessly following the rules their grade school teachers established. It's done because capitalization makes important parts of sentences stand out, punctuation allows you to write in the way that people actually speak, and proper spelling allows people to know what word you mean without going through that "spell correction filter" in their mind. It makes me think that no one on the internet reads actual books, since they would probably write more intelligently if they were presented with intelligent writing more often.

I guess I should be used to it after this many years of the internet.
Sentence 4 was a run-on, sorry, you have been disqualified from the grammar fight.

Back