I'm new here (and a keyboard question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Land

Hello. I just signed up. I have no experience producing music, and tbh I think I'm going to wait a while before I venture into doing that because I'm trying to build a good foundation in understanding piano/keyboard and music theory. I've been playing piano for a year and I'm excited to finally be getting an 88-key digital piano/keyboard soon. I think I'm going to get the Roland Juno-DS. I'm sort of new to music...I guess. I did have three years of middle school band and learned to play the alto saxophone though.

My question, though, is just about how to feed the audio of my keyboard into my MacBook Pro (into iMovie) while still being able to hear what I'm playing. So I already bought a 1/4" splitter for the back of the keyboard. And my headphones will go into that, but the audio only comes in the left ear. That's fine though, because I'll only be doing this for videos.

I was told on r/piano to get basically an aux chord that has three rings on the prong though so that my computer reads it as a microphone. My macbook only has a headphone jack though. I was looking at a pic and it shows the macbook models that have only a headphone jack as both audio in and out. So what should I do?

(I will post a couple links to some of my YouTube videos once I'm able to in 4 more posts.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back