If I connect my MPC 1000 to the computer direct via usb connection

Okay so if I go buy some midi - usb cables and hook them up it should be sure to work ? Will I need to plug the cables in midi in or midi out ?

And if I do that will I still have a need for the usb - usb connection ?

usb to usb connection is only for transfering files/samples between your computer and the mpc.

you can use midi to usb cables, but you would be bettwer off getting an interface that supports midi, in my opinion

usb to usb connection is only for transfering files/samples between your computer and the mpc.

you can use midi to usb cables, but you would be bettwer off getting an interface that supports midi, in my opinion

and why is that ?

because you're going to be taking up 2 usb ports simply running midi., plus you will then be able to run the outputs of your mpc into your computer if you decide to sample internatlly on the mpc

because you're going to be taking up 2 usb ports simply running midi., plus you will then be able to run the outputs of your mpc into your computer if you decide to sample internatlly on the mpc

I'm a noob please forgive me...I got kinda confused just now lol

You seem to know your stuff

So lol...one last run through...from the top..

- I have no hardware..just a laptop and an MPC 1000. I want to be able to use the MPC 1000 with FL.
- So I'm going to need, an audio interface. Midi cables to run from the MPC to the interface, a usb to run from the interface to my laptop.

THEN. If I wanted to transfer samples from my laptop to my MPC so I can chop them up on there..(Instead of using edison). That's when I will need the usb - usb connection

Correct ?

ok, depends on what you want to do with the mpc, do you want to use it to only control stuff in FL? do you want to use it stand alone and then record it into fl?

im assuming you want to use the mpc to control fl and to use its on board features..you will need some form of interface to record any of the audio being output from your mpc, you can then connect the mpc to the interface midi in/midi out so that you can send midi data to and from fl and the mpc.

I had the same problem got it fixed though

Took quite a while though, had to get my uncle to fixer up

I use ableton too it works fine

Try lmms it's very user friendly fordvices

Not the best for sampling though

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, depends on what you want to do with the mpc, do you want to use it to only control stuff in FL? do you want to use it stand alone and then record it into fl?

im assuming you want to use the mpc to control fl and to use its on board features..you will need some form of interface to record any of the audio being output from your mpc, you can then connect the mpc to the interface midi in/midi out so that you can send midi data to and from fl and the mpc.
I want to be able to transfer a sample from my computer to the MPC 1000, chop it up and stuff and send the info back to FL so I can add other stuff like synths

usb connector works i have an 88 key device and it picks it up.
whatever you use there should be an option to allow the thing to be used as a controller.

usb connector works i have an 88 key device and it picks it up.

By this logic I should be able to use my printer as a controller. There either is MIDI over USB support or there isn't, but just having an USB connection doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
Back