Iar?

M

more

www.audioschool.com
any of ya'll know about this place? I plan on going there right after highschool but I also wanna go to NYU. Any of ya'll know if thats possible. I"m waitin for a brochure now. But lemme know.
pz

it depends what you want to do. NYU is a great school and the BA degree will open doors for many jobs, but if you really want to engineer, then go to IAR. Their graduate industry placement program is real nice. You have to break your back for a few years.

I know this one dude. Went to IAR and graduated the same time I finished NYU. He interned crazy hours for about a year with no pay. Then he was a gopher for about a year ($8 per hour). Then a second assistant for a year at the same pay. Now he engineers (four years after graduation), makes $15/hour. If that sounds cool with you, then hit up IAR.

NYU has great facilities, great professors, but their music tech program ain't much better than IAR and they charge a helluva lot more $$$$.

I minored in music tech and was able to get some engineering gigs right out of school. Like any other industry, its all about who you know and how motivated you are.

One negative about an IAR degree--- a million dudes have these, and it only works with the studio industry. Try getting a regular, non-studio job to pay the bills with an IAR degree, and you'll be lifting boxes in a warehouse.

-J

Chronos said:
it depends what you want to do. NYU is a great school and the BA degree will open doors for many jobs, but if you really want to engineer, then go to IAR. Their graduate industry placement program is real nice. You have to break your back for a few years.

I know this one dude. Went to IAR and graduated the same time I finished NYU. He interned crazy hours for about a year with no pay. Then he was a gopher for about a year ($8 per hour). Then a second assistant for a year at the same pay. Now he engineers (four years after graduation), makes $15/hour. If that sounds cool with you, then hit up IAR.

NYU has great facilities, great professors, but their music tech program ain't much better than IAR and they charge a helluva lot more $$$$.

I minored in music tech and was able to get some engineering gigs right out of school. Like any other industry, its all about who you know and how motivated you are.

One negative about an IAR degree--- a million dudes have these, and it only works with the studio industry. Try getting a regular, non-studio job to pay the bills with an IAR degree, and you'll be lifting boxes in a warehouse.

-J

so the music tech @ NYU is better than IAR? Also, it seems like you can only do one @ a time. I know some dude went there and was runnin errands and cleaning up. He was mad talented tho. So I heard. I'm certainly goin to NYU but I wanted to attend IAR @ the same time. It seems like that isn't possible now but I wanna do some studio work and producing in the future. So bottom line, NYU's music tech is better than IAR?

Back