"Humming" noise when recording Audio?

mikehende

Strangest thing, I am trying to record the audio from my TV to the Line-in on my pc but I am getting a background "humming" noise, it is not coming from the TV and it is not the cable I am using so this is coming from the line-in input on my pc in some way, any ideas/fixes please? Also, the Audio when recorded in my pc plays back with the hum in it.

Try to record another audio source (cd player or mp3 player) using a new cable. If you still get the humming, try to download new drivers for your audio card. If that doesn't work, get a new audio card! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a search on this subject with hum as the search criteria.

This has been caned to death here.

The soundcard's drivers and even the soundcard itself are rarely, if ever, to blame for hums.

Faulty amps are more likely to blame, as are transformers, monitors, bad earths, non magnetic shields etc...

Finally found the problem guys, the hum is coming from the Cable Equipment, notably from the cable line that's coming in from the Dish on the Roof, they will be sending someone out to fix it next Monday, appreciate the responses, take it easy.

Back