how to remake songs using fl studio

R

rurokenji

hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with a 101 on how to create remakes of songs using fl studio? I'm new to the game and i would like to gain experience so i thought creating remakes would be the best way for me to gain experience and understand fl studio. I have been searching youtube for actual videos showing step by step of how people remake songs but i haven't been able to find any. So, i was just wondering if anyone could provide me a 101 guide (step by step) on how i can go about remaking songs i like?

Listen to the song... pick out the sounds they use in the instrumental... choose sounds that are similiar... play it.

well first start by opening fl studio and just staring at it. dont try to get the same sounds that the beat has or anything just dont do shit.

Listen to the song... pick out the sounds they use in the instrumental... choose sounds that are similiar... play it.

Pretty much. your question was like "How do i recreate a painting?" just try to paint it bruh, if you cant recreate it, you will know what your skill level is.

Last edited:
Best advice i can give to someone starting out, Youtube > How to make ...... Plenty of step by step guides on how to make certain sounds / drums / basslines etc right up to full songs :)

Yeah like everyone else says. Just do your best by ear to recreate it. Actually for people starting out, I'd recommend this over pretty much anything. Recreating songs is one of the best ways to learn your DAW and its capabilities and hidden tricks as you search for that right sound.

Man back when I was starting a year & a half ago I made this spot-on version of Roll Up by Wiz Khalifa. Kinda shocked myself that early on, but it definitely helps your confidence & knowledge of how to obtain a particular sound.

listen to the song...focus on the drums, the rest use the imagination.

Thanks guys for all of the advice! I will bare all of them in my mind!!

Thanks, much appreciated

Back