How many of you actually live off selling beatz??

Dont know really, I just wonder how much does the BEST producers in the game make? Hit Boy, Just Blaze etc, how much do they make per HIT SONG or dope radio song or just random song in an album? What kind of deal do they get?

Making money from selling your beats is more of a financial/business matter. See it like this:

1. How many beats do you have produced? 30? 50? 100?
2. How much do you charge for a non-exclusive beat? $40? $60?
3. How many clients do you have? 300?

Here's the math - 10% of your clients will buy the best beats for a cheaper price = 30 (10% of 300) x $40 =$1200

Can you live off of $1200/mo? How can you make more money? Increase # of clients, make more quality beats and sell to high profile artists or get a job!

K

Making money from selling your beats is more of a financial/business matter. See it like this:

1. How many beats do you have produced? 30? 50? 100?
2. How much do you charge for a non-exclusive beat? $40? $60?
3. How many clients do you have? 300?

Here's the math - 10% of your clients will buy the best beats for a cheaper price = 30 (10% of 300) x $40 =$1200

Can you live off of $1200/mo? How can you make more money? Increase # of clients, make more quality beats and sell to high profile artists or get a job!

K

I've said something similar to someone else...
Lets just say you need $1.5k a month to live on... you are leasing your beats for $5 so you need to lease 300 beats EVERY month to cover that, how likely is it that you are going to be able to lease 300 beats a month? Now if you upped your leasing price to $25 that would bring it down to 60 beats you need to lease, isn't that more realistic? 2 leases a day instead of 10 and you might not even need that if you manage to sell a few exclusive beats...

I doont live off of it cuz i have FT JOB but i rent a local office have my studio in it make money everymonth I SELL 100 exclusive lease and my beats are Dope i make a beat tape with 20 beats tagged i call every rapper i know gather in my studio come out with 1 or 2 stacks in one day of course it took me about a month to put all the beats together mix em and master em but its worth it .. money on the side my office and my Gear pays it self....
DJ M.O.E-Shorty-140 ft Pastor Troy and Mafios DaVinci-I Want It All by M.O.E BEATS on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I heard of a guy paying his and his mommas bills off soundclick. Not sure if it's legit, but according to him it's true. He's Taz Taylor

every one is trying to live of selling beats, more than ever before and its only going to increase! so i suggest that people stop worrying about how much you could make a month and use all that energy on making a hit and marketing your self.
if you cant stand out then you aint gonna sell s**t lol

enjoy making the music and the money will follow...

Social Media is your friend websites are your home. Set up base camp. Use other outlets like Soundclick to funnel the traffic to your home. Social Media to connect. It's about branding your guys, to be honest it has never been easier to reach so many people before than now. Get your stuff out there put your face behind it show the world your beats exist. Out of the billions who want be rappers and singers you don't think you tap 1% of that market?

I heard of a guy paying his and his mommas bills off soundclick. Not sure if it's legit, but according to him it's true. He's Taz Taylor

Its legit. I used to be on top of the soundclick charts a long time ago for a good 6 months. Charts = Sales. That not including local sales. This was like 10 years ago, I imagine today, theres way more money involve but at the same time theres way more producers trying to get in. Whoever is on top there, I guarantee you they are living off of it.

Back