How to make your msuic high quality .Wav format?

I recently found out I have been exporting my Fl Studio songs in low quality
I want them to sound better but camtasia studio and windows live movie maker wont accept 32 bit or 24 bit int Format
Just the crappy 16
Any help???
So Tired of listening to low quality you know

For a moment I thought you were going to complain about exporting mp3 or similar, which would make your claims valid.

A 16 bit 44.1kHz wav/aiff file is the standard, best quality you can use when working between different programs.

It is certainly the quality at which your CD burning program will render the audio regardless of what you use as your source material.

Someone has sold you a lie about quality being better the higher the bit-depth and the higher the sampling frequency.

24 bit and 32 bit are internal working formats and may be specific to individual daws - i.e. there is no guarantee that you can use the file you save in either of these formats in another daw.

^^^Agreed for the most part, but will say this.

I don't know as much as i sould on this subject, but bit depth WILL have a well heard difference when mixing down audio. Not in the rendering, but in the choice of which environment the song is mixed in. A song recorded/mixed in a 24bit environment will have a light/day difference with the same song being recorded/mixed in a 16bit environment.

Last edited:
^^^Agreed; but as the question was about end quality not interim quality (which a mix is) I stand by my original answer.......

As do I fully agree with your original answer now that we've covered that factor. Just making sure we're not confusing others who stumble upon this thread. :cheers:

For a moment I thought you were going to complain about exporting mp3 or similar, which would make your claims valid.

A 16 bit 44.1kHz wav/aiff file is the standard, best quality you can use when working between different programs.

It is certainly the quality at which your CD burning program will render the audio regardless of what you use as your source material.

Someone has sold you a lie about quality being better the higher the bit-depth and the higher the sampling frequency.

24 bit and 32 bit are internal working formats and may be specific to individual daws - i.e. there is no guarantee that you can use the file you save in either of these formats in another daw.

Oooh??? So 32 and 24 arent neccesarily better then 16?
I listen to some of the other songs on youtube and the quality sounds a little better
Maybe it has something to do with processing it in Camtasia I unno
Wow Thanks for clearing that up guys
But what about bit rate higher is a bigger file size but better quality It seems..=/

We are not saying that the higher bit depths are not better than 16 bits/44.1kHz. What we are saying is that the end product will be a 16 bit wav/aiff file if you are burning to CD or using the file in some other program that does not necessarily share the same file format as the 24 bit or 32 bit floating point (flpt) representations that your daw may use..

As you may have got from the discussion between myself and d'ranged, higher bit depths do result in more subtleties in the represented sound (24 bits will give you 256 points of difference for each point in a 16 bit bit-depth; i.e. the sound can be represented 256 x more accurately), this is why the file sizes for comparable files at different bit depths will be markedly different: 24 bit is larger than 16 bit and 32 bit flpt is larger than 24 bit.

In other words, the bit depth does not necessarily translate to different software in the way that we would like it to.

Secondly, once you create something in camtasia or any other movie editing program, the output file may not necessarily be able to cope with higher bit depths or even a 16 bit bit depth. Check what the output file claims to be: what bit depth and codec for the video, frame-rate, and most importantly the audio bit depth and codec.

This is where your quality issues will start to bite.

It may also be that your initial mixes are less than stellar, leading to quality issues that you aren't aware of before you even start to edit it to video or vice versa

Back