How To Make Kontakt Not Rely On Velocity?

Handmade

I have Kontakt 5, just got it a couple days ago. When I press the notes on my MIDI keyboard the note strength depends on how hard I push it. How do I change it so it'll use the same amount of strength no matter how hard I play it? I kind of explained it bad but I think you'll understand.

I know what you mean, not sure you can do that unless the keyboard itself has the option, I know on Maschine there's an option to change the PAD TYPE to one velocity only which would be the hardest velocity, but even on the software itself I'm not sure it can be done, it has to be done right off the hardware, so I'm not sure if kontakt can tell ur keyboard to play one velocity.

Another think u can do is after u record is just turn it up manually ur individual midi notes.

Yeah, check your keyboard. What type of keyboard do you have? You essentially want to change the velocity curve to something constant.

If your keyboard can't do this... I would look to see if this is possible in your DAW. That would be your best bet. Maybe there's an option where you can influence the incoming midi signal What DAW do you use?

Your last bet would to probably try MIDI-OX. Or is it Bome's? I know one of those programs will let you re-code your midi data, and acts as a middle man between your keyboard and your DAW. I haven't tried it yet, but this is what I read.

Thanks for both replies, I have a M-Audio Axiom 49 first gen, I'll try to check out the settings on the hardware, I thought it would be a software problem, but I think you guys are right. Thanks a lot for the help. If you got any beats or something you want feedback on, I got y'all.

No doubt. I'd be surprised if the Axiom couldn't do it somehow.

Either 1) Try to find a velocity curve that does what you want... or 2) See if there's a setting that will let you manually set the velocity or sensitivity.

No, you can actually adjust this in kontakt. Just delete the velocity editor under the amplifier section (even though it's not active, delete it anyway)

Ok, then you should have written so in response. People with the same issue as you (and me) might come here and get the impression that it isn't posible to solve this in kontakt. just saying..;)

Ok, then you should have written so in response. People with the same issue as you (and me) might come here and get the impression that it isn't posible to solve this in kontakt. just saying..;)

You my dear sir, made my day by posting the software solution to this. GRACIES!

Kind regards

Back