How to give my final mix the warm analog feel

B

BThrowd

I know my mixing needs work for sure but im noticing my final mix sounds too digital or something it seems hollow so i quit cutting the mids so much on everything but its still seems empty what hardware could i use in the mastering process to warm it up. I was thinkin maybe a good compressor to run it through would give it some warmth would this be good or what else could i do? I record my vocals thru a symetrix voice strip so my vocals sound warm enough just not the music. But im using other peoples beats that sound quite warm and full until i record and mix it. What do yall recommend?

If you’re using high quality samples (with warm sound), they should stay that way unless something eats up the warmness/quality in your system.

You should tell more about how you produce and what kind of hardware/software you use in your productions – then it’s easier to help. :)

Well Im recording thru a symetrix 528 voice processor using a AT 3035 mic recording into Cubase SX2. I usually use the Waves Q10 paremetric Eq for my vocals I will roll off below 100 cut some mids and add some hi end since the AT3035 isnt very bright sounding. I use other peoples professional beats so i have to assume they are str8 however i will make slight adjustments in the 1.5khz area and the mid area to kinda make room for my vocals.
After the mix i take it to wavelab and bust out the linear eq and try to get my kick thumpin and high end sounding clean and kinda clean up the mid area to reduce the boxy sound. then i compress using the Ren. compressor then finally the L2.
Any suggestions?

i will once again recommend the psp vintage warmer. it can definitely 'thicken' your beats. its one of the best things ive ever bought.

peace.

Back