how to get your work noticed on social media

Xavi Beatz

Either for producers who are just start out or for producers who have been making beats for a while and are just now starting to put it out there, how do you start to gain a following and how do you get more interaction from followers or just ppl on social media in general ?

Organically is the best way tbh.

Well yeah of course, but I think Xavi is asking for some help

#1 Consistency

Remember that gaining a following is no easy task. Go one day at a time. Consistency is the absolute biggest thing

#2 Stick to 1 Social Network

Don't choose youtube, soundcloud, twitter, facebook all at once. Maybe just start with an instagram, it's 2019, everyone has a phone, everyone has an instagram. Youtube is a good choice too but remember, focus on one. Soundcloud is really tight knit now in 2019, a lof of inner communities have collapsed a bit more in the recent years.

#3 Marketing Marketing Marketing

The big word. I could make a shitty beat and market it well and voila, someone may buy it. But make a good beat and market it well, that's a recipe for success. Be sure to research what content is working for what you wanna do and research how to market as there are a few things to learn that are EXTREMELY helpful.

#4 Networking

Man doing something with someone else is wicked fun right? great! if you want fans, instead just make friends with producers, you like their stuff they like your stuff. Take your time with every person you wanna talk to. If you like someone's content then reach out and just have a conversation with them. Ask them how long they been producing? what kinda daw they use? what they use to record? etc. This technique can also be applied to selling beats if you wanna build a network of artists then just talk and make friends with artists.

#5 Collaborate

All that networking must lead you somewhere right? of course! collaborate with other producers and other producers will see you collaborating and will wanna check out your stuff.

#6 ENGAGE WITH THE COMMUNITY

The key to gaining a fanbase is all in engagement. You must engage with the people that enjoy your content, and you must absolutely engage with the community. They are giving you their time so why not thank them?

Hope these tips helped! Lmk if you have any questions :)

Really great points. I would add ask your current friends and family to repost for you. Don't bug them, but ask them to repost your stuff if they like it. I'm always happy to repost something cool a friend is up to.

Another point about marketing, even if you think the beat is "trash", if you put it out in front of enough people, you'll find SOMEONE that will like it.

Some good advice here, nice be somewhere with people who know this stuff and interacting with the community.

Some great tips on here for sure! I thought I'd chime in and add what works for me.

1. Don't Tag People -

Stay away from tagging people unless they are directly involved in your post. I remember when I first started marketing my music, I would tag everyone on my friends list on a facebook post (I guess because I saw other people doing it) but in the end all this does is piss everyone off. ��

Instead, be genuine with your posts. Just say something like - "I'd really appreciate some feed back on this, leave me a comment and share if you like it!" or something along those lines (maybe less corny but you get the idea).

2. Post Videos -

For me, I've noticed that people tend to engage more in posts with videos of myself, rather than just a picture. So try making some Beat Music Videos, or just cool clips of you in the studio. This allows people to see that you are a real person and not just a scammer or a robot. Also people tend to just scroll right past a picture, but if they see movement, it catches their eye.

3. Invest -

I know spending money isn't everyone's favorite thing to do, but sometimes it takes money to make money. So save up some cash and try making some ads on different social medias. Now in days you can target literally just about anybody with social media ads, including people who would be interested in your beats. I'm not familiar with every social media's ad platform, but I know on Facebook and Instagram you can choose to show an ad to people interested in certain topics, certain age groups, locations, gender, etc. If you do this right you can get your beats in front of a lot of potential customers and at the same time grow your following.

4. Relatable Content -

I'm assuming that your audience would be a bunch of rappers, so make sure you're posting things that they either want to see or can relate to.
So this could be your beats, memes that rappers would find funny, or maybe even tips on how they could better their music, just be creative and think outside the box. Also just remember to be yourself every once in a while, after all we are all human and people like to know that they are following a real person.

5. Use Your Social Media -

What I mean by "use your social media" is, sometimes the best way to grow your following is to just use your social media the way the creators intended. Like peoples posts, drop them a like and a comment, just engage in peoples stuff and maybe they will return the favor.

Well everything else was pretty much already covered and I don't want to sound like a parrot lol, but I hope this extra little bit helps! Much love and keep grinding. ��✌️

I have just got back into DJing and trying to make connections and networking. I find Instagram has been the best format on social media. But as it is mentioned above being consistent and in posting something even it is something short just for people to remember who you are. I hate social media but I do it for the love of the music and DJing.

Back