How Do Professionals Remix Track?

Gouryella91

I'm heavy into production but I don't have a clue how to remix some of my fav songs. What is your style when it comes to workflow/structure of remixing a track? Especially, when it comes to ripping/obtaining the vocals from the original track... do you guys get the original recording, find an acapella, of edit/cut the song so just that the vocals come threw (and then use that for your remix)?

I do it two different ways. Sometimes I make a beat and I can picture in my head a particular acapella it will sound good on. Then I just mix the acapella with the beat and tweak certain parts of the beat to make the acapella sound good. Other times I start with the acapella and build my beat around it.

Here is a example of a remix I did that I made the beat first and thought it would sound good with the Mobb Deep Quiet Storm acapella:

Here is one that I used a acapella first and built the beat around it:

Last edited:
Okay, thx for the responses so far.

but in when i think of remixes I usually think of: the synth/melody/tune being manipulated/switched-with another instrument and then a going off of that... (hopefully that makes sense)..

If anyone has like youtube videos or tutorials that take you through how a person would remix a song (by grabbing/knowing the original midi/tune) that would be awesome.

Back