how do i record in melodyne

P

Point God

i have a trial of melodyne. The standalone one.. studio or something i believe.
I dont have my mic here but I use my webcam mic for testing purposes with trials ... But I have no clue how to get it to record.

I can record with Mixcraft but not with melodyne with some reason... help.

I enabled the R button, pressed record and then pressed play and nothing is being recorded... :confused:

Yo...I'm not to familiar with Melodyne for recording...I know I can use it for note detection. Are you just looking to use it to record vocals, cuz if so there are way better options. Let me know what your goal is and I'll try and help ya.

well I would rather have it to do everything as opposed to a program for each thing.. because its supposed to be able to record. I followed the instructions like I said above, but I dont know why its not working.

Aight B...sounds like you want Melodyne to be your DAW...in that case try out something more suited as a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). Try out FL Studio for instance and you can use that one program to do everything! And I do mean everything!

yeah man, I mean melodyne will help if we need to touch up any messed vocal parts while recording and stuff, since its great for that, so I'm tryna get some help with this since its kinda weird why its not recording

krushing said:
Didn't happen to check the "Recording in Melodyne" part in the manual? ;)

I did... arm the track by pressing R, press the record button in to transport bar and then press play in there too ..... nadda

update: apparently i needed an ASIO driver to record and I only had DirectX
so I downloaded ASIO4ALL , seems to be working finally

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the deal..
1. you insert melodyne on your vocal track
2. on the melodyne window select capture (assuming you are using the plugin version)
3. go back to your daw and start playing the track, stop when you are done capturing the audio you want to manipulate in melodyne.
4. go back to melodyne and you will see the waves representing the audio... now you can start tuning stuff.

amazing pluggin..

Back