How do I get artist to jump on my beat

Dilanwizzy

I've been making beats for 2 years now and only last year I decided to take it seriously and upload to YouTube etc. And only this year have I actually decided to upload more on my channel. Last Year I probably uploaded 1 or no beats a month, Now I try to do at least 1 a week. I'm still a student, I'm trying to figure out how to get artists to jump on my beat. My friends like what i produce and some even rapped to it but they ain't artist.

I just want 1 artist to try and rap to my beat, which then I can you use that to try and promote myself even more. But I am finding it quite difficult, I'm just wondering if anyone got any advice on how I should do this. I don't want to harass these artist and dm'ing begging them to check out my beat, but if you guys want me to try then I can try.

How do you expect to find a vocalist if you don't message them? There are more producers and musicians on this forum but there are vocalists too. If you keep looking, and asking, you'll find one.

Last edited:
First off understand that music is a highly social endeavor which can either be a circle jerk or a positive experience that involves getting out of, if you have one, a comfort zone. If you say some rapped to your beats but they aren't artists, you want to attract those who are artists.

Focus on producing is my suggestion.
If you are interested in vocalists, find some.

Been at it since 2010 myself, it'll get easier over time so just keep practicing.

Just keep working at it man. Once you build up a big enough following people will start asking to use your beats. Other than that don't be afraid to message people and offer collaborations.

Thank you guys, so I've started to contact some artist and I've found a artist that will work with me and want me to be his producer, even though he doesn't get 1k views, it is a good start. Right now I'm just going to produce more beats and start contacting more artist in a later date. Thank you for all the advice

Thank you guys, so I've started to contact some artist and I've found a artist that will work with me and want me to be his producer, even though he doesn't get 1k views, it is a good start. Right now I'm just going to produce more beats and start contacting more artist in a later date. Thank you for all the advice

This is the right way but it doesn't work for everyone. This could benefit both of you way more than selling beats as it can be and is a morass. If he's got and is about quality music it could be a win-win.

Back