How did you get into producing?

KiddFiber

Just interested to here how people got started. For me I've always been into music. I used to be into rock until I discovered hip-hop. From that moment I was addicted, I started rapping then got into producing a little over a month ago and it was love at first sight. Don't forget to drop your soundclouds so we can check each others music out. Kidd Fiber | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I personnally got into making beats as I was starting to DJ at parties and such, and wanted to find ways to create 100% original remixes. I discovered Fruity Loops and Reason 2.0, and then moved on from that point and progressed.

I started about 6 years ago. I jus saw, and still see, a lot of potential with computer production. There are sounds you can only create through computer production so...that's why I guess. haha

My soundcloud is in the signature link below.

played a few instruments when i was younger, went away from it for a few years until i took up djing. that introduced me to a lot of new producers & then got wondering how tracks were made, was more interested in the sound design side of things at first. a neighbour of mine was making tracks and he showed me some of his stuff so decided to have a go myself

Downloaded an ancient version of Fruity Loops back in like 2001. Made a horrible techno beat because I was into hard house. Didn't make much else after.

Then in 2008 or so I heard about Ableton Live. Got that and was really impressed by how much you can do with it yet how simple the interface is. So Ableton reignited my interest in a way.

followed you bro, here's mine: https://soundcloud.com/charade

Last edited:
I started with a mate and his 4-track cassette recorder, an SM58, acoustic guitars, bongos, tambourines and a shakey-egg. I later got my own 4-track (I still use one sometimes)
Later - in bands -we spent a lot of time and cash in studios - got a digital 12-track recorder (Akai DPS12i) - that was game changing - being able to record a whole kit, guitar and bass amps with 6 dynamic mics in the practice room was mental! The sound quality was never as good but we had time to work stuff out record - re-record... It was great!
Went a bit mad - had a few years off - got itchy to do some music - wanted to do it on my own - was listening (still am) to a lot of UKHH - now I am.

Last edited:
Back