How to Delete/Load WAV samples in MPC1000???

SeattleSnow

I just got an MPC1000 and have been messing around with it. I used adobe audtion to change a whole MP3 to a WAV file. I loaded into my MPC and tried to slice it up. Somehow I assigned it to a pad. Then when I went back through and tried to slice it again it said insufficient memory. I tried to delete it. I went to one menu and it said delete all samples or something and I didnt want to delete all of the stock sounds so I didnt touch it. I thought it was gone but still played on the pad. I then got a smaller section of the MP3 and converted that to WAV and tried to slice it. Once again it said insufficient memory.

Can someone explain to me how to get rid of the large WAV, unassign it to that pad, and how to properly load a WAV so that I can slice it.

thx

go to youtube and watch some of the video tutorials on the 1k man theres some great ones on there about functions not just people making beats.

SeattleSnow said:
I just got an MPC1000 and have been messing around with it. I used adobe audtion to change a whole MP3 to a WAV file. I loaded into my MPC and tried to slice it up. Somehow I assigned it to a pad. Then when I went back through and tried to slice it again it said insufficient memory. I tried to delete it. I went to one menu and it said delete all samples or something and I didnt want to delete all of the stock sounds so I didnt touch it. I thought it was gone but still played on the pad. I then got a smaller section of the MP3 and converted that to WAV and tried to slice it. Once again it said insufficient memory.

Can someone explain to me how to get rid of the large WAV, unassign it to that pad, and how to properly load a WAV so that I can slice it.

thx

HAVE YOU TRIED TO UNLOAD IT BACK ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH A USB CORD?

DO YOU STILL HAVE THE 16MB MEMORY? IF SO YOU NEED TO REALLY UPGRADE TO THE 128MB MEMORY BECAUSE IF YOU KEEP THE 16MB YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING THESE TYPES OF PROBLEMS ALOT.

Hey,
I had that problem as well with deleting samples and slicing them as well.
with deleting samples, if you still have your user manual go to page, 56 its the second box in, but if you dont have a user manual what you do is

1. go to the sample field in trim mode, you do this by pressing the pad you want to delete then press the mode but then press the trim button/pad which is number 6

2. press the window button a screen will pop up

3. then press 'delete' (F2)

4. and then press 'do it' (F5) and your sampled will be deleted from that button and your mpc i think

and with the slice problem what it is, is that when you buy an mpc it has literally no memory about 16mb i think and with think you wont be bale to slice you sample what you need to do is buy a memory upgrade 'emx 128' 128mb they will cost nearly £100 in london for one but if you go on ebay they sell 128mb of memory for like £30, there are instructions of how to install them on youtube.

hope this helps and sorry im a bit crap at giving instructions.
good luck :)

Back