How to contact rappers?

negol

Sup yall! Didn't know where to post this...

Well, the thing is.. I REALLY wanna get out to some of the big names in the game. I'm not signed to any label, so I was just wondering.. How do I contact these guys? I'm especially thinking of Joe Budden!

Sorry my bad english!

Facebook, Myspace, Go to their main website and find a "booking and inquiries" number or email...call their overhead label's main desk and ask to speak with the A&R in charge of their project.

best way is to make some kinda name for yourself 1st. not only will they recogonize you seriously, they will respect you more for creating your won buzz 1st, THEN looking to work with them, as oppose to you comming to them 1st to get some shine off them, u gotta understand its a whole lotta people doin tha same thing and half of em most likely arent that good, so you have to seperate your self from the rest

i agree with A.O, without your own name they won't take you serious. and also your beats just gotta be BUMPINN!!

^^^I think that applies more when you're trying to be an artist. I don't think it really matters if you've done anything in the past when it comes to submitting beats, but what do I know? I've done stuff, lol(nothing at all big, not bragging, but just saying).

Now that probably applies when wanting to get your music heard for other resources, but if an artist is looking for beats or a TV show needs instrumental music, I think the only thing need apply is that the beats fit the project unless you're superproducer status. Then they'll go with you because you're known for selling sh*tloads of records.

Last edited:
naw actually it applies to beat makers too. if you make a beat, adn drummer boy makes a beat. even if yours sounded 10 timez better the Artist would pick it because the name associated with drummer boy will be guaranteed plays because he already has his own fan base and reputation. since your unknown rappers would more than likely charge YOU for rapping on your beat. the chances that they will take a chance on an unknown producers track for free, even if it is nice are slim. A commercial on the other hand, most likely wouldnt be so hard, but you wouldnt see as many royalities from a commercial, then from an actual song with a big name artist on it

^^^Oh, I agree 100% with that. I'm just saying as a producer, i don't think you necessarily need a buzz to get submission opportunities. "Placements" are a totally different category than "submissions". :cheers:

^^^ yea now that iz true. but they might still try 2 hustle less known producers because they know they have more leverage then them. its definitely possiable though, and after getting that exposure you could be the one with the leverage the next time they lookin for a beat

Or putting it simply .....
You don't contact them .
If you are good enough , people like "that" , will contact you .

Back