Thread: Hey, I'm Adam

Thanks

Smile Hey, I'm Adam

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey everyone!

Hope your day is going well. OGBama recommended I register here, so here it goes.

I'm a former mechanical engineer who left corporate about 4 years ago to pursue music full time. Moved back to my hometown from Chicago to save $$$ and get my skills up to snuff. My influences are pretty far and wide - listened to all the rap greats of the 90s, but was also into smooth jazz & funk (think Jamiroquai & incognito). Might have listened to backstreet & nsync in the late 90s as well... Had a huge phase of being into house music, and I still love it. I'm also somewhat into musical theatre; well, enough to currently be writing a musical, somewhat based on my personal journey.

Anyway, I have a comedic hip-hop project ("Guff & Boogie." I'm Boogie.) with a good friend and I think you guys will enjoy. Anything we can do to brighten your day!

Happy to chat or answer any questions etc. Will be posting our first track in the Showcase forum shortly.

Best,
    -Adam

Thanks
    Welcome and there is always, if it's more than just good, a space for comedy Hip Hop.
    "Once black music leaves its original context, it begins to take on different meanings and serve different functions, and it is interpreted very differently." Portia Maultsby

Thanks
    Admire your courage to left corporate and pursue your dream. I am thinking to do the same but I still need few years to save some money. All the best to your music career.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PIANIX View Post
    Admire your courage to left corporate and pursue your dream. I am thinking to do the same but I still need few years to save some money. All the best to your music career.
    Leaving the day job isn't courageous, it is fool hardy. It is a mistake to think that you don't need to work in order to pursue what you dream of, with that being said, money from music is at a low considering that albums aren't selling as much as they did in the 90s and there are no such thing as, in Hip Hop and R&B, super producers as this is the era of the non-super producer.

Take it or leave it, real talk from me. Don't quit whatever your day career is. If you have one, don't quit it.
    "Once black music leaves its original context, it begins to take on different meanings and serve different functions, and it is interpreted very differently." Portia Maultsby

Thanks
    ^ then you're not a producer or an artist - you are whatever you're doing for your day job.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 03-02-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Soundcloud: Epsilon-144

Thanks
    Hey big adam good 2 meet ya

Thread Information