Help me to choose my DAW...

Wakeon

Hey everybody,
I'm always asking the same question since so many days : Is the DAW very important in the music ?
Indeed, is it possible to make music like Madeon, who use FL Studio, with Ableton or Logic ? Is it possible for example to make a FL track with an other DAW ?
Thanks

shortly: you can make ANY MUSIC with ANY DAW on ANY QUALITY.
Of course there a some differences that are more a workflow taste, like I´ve noticed Pro Tools to be favorited when it comes to audio editing, AbletonLive that helps you performing live etc. but really most, no matter if pro or amateur, people do stick to the DAW they´ve descovered first.

I´ve started with Cubase and tried out all other DAWs, like Cubase is so handy and all the other DAWs so unstructured and complicated, the same thing would someone say if he had years of experience with FL Studio and then tries to produce with Cubase. Honestly I have no idea how people do not freak out producing their music with Reason :D

I personally use FL Studio cause it´s very easy to make beats in there, drag and drop samples, design step sequencer and tadaaaa, then I route it into my Cubase and edit the drums there.
But the main thing behind a DAW is always the same, only the layout changes and the PlugIns that come with the DAW.

So pick the DAW that seems to be the most comfortable for you and throw everything else away until your experienced enough to take advantages of other DAWs

Last edited:
You reassured me, thanks a lot :) Personally I use Ableton Live, but all my favorites producers use FL ^^ It's for that reason I asked that question :)
Ahah thanks for the Shia LaBeouf Speech, it's amazing ^^

Use whatever is easiest for you. I can't seem to get my head around protools but Cubase comes naturally for me but even I am looking to move to another DAW. Maybe even FL

I use Logic Pro X because I bought a MacPro a few years ago for video editing and 3D animation, so I just used what I had in there available (Garageband) and evolved to Logic Pro.

Now to your question and what I'm trying to tell you is, stick to the one that you started getting good at. Maybe later down the road you can change, but for now which one you pick is irrelevant until you become an expert on it and hit a roadblock or something that will kinda force you to consider other options.

Make sure to practice a lot man! I wish you success in you journey.

I use Fl Studio because it was the first DAW that I became fluent in, so naturally I would recommend it, but I suggest you get the demo for any DAW you are considering and just dive in and make your own decision. I find that once you get REALLY into production you will end up trying anything else that you are interested in anyways, so its all about taking that initial jump and picking what seems easiest to learn at first. Good luck!

Well I'm sure u will find people saying "This beat sounds like its made with FL (or with other DAWS) but thats just stupid for me
You can make whatever u want with ANY DAW. It's all goes down to the sound selection , the VST's u are using etc

Back