Help with Addictive Drums instalation..

kmano

So I installed that VST but I figured it out that I did it wrong. So I want to install it again, but to do it I need to remove the last version. I did it in the folder. But when I try to install it now it says that I have to remove earliest instalation. But I can't do it, since it doesn't exist anymore! And when I try to remove it in the Panel Service it says that application can't be found and I can't remove it. And the circle is closed. How can I handle it?

Re-install your OS.. I had a similar problem with an early version of PT, but I wasn't tryna reinstall.

Thanks for answer.. but do I have to re-install my whole system because of one application? I don't know if it's worth it, really there aren't any other ways of doin it?

You do not have to re-install your O.S. I am assuming that you are using Windows. Here is how you can fix the problem:

What you have to do is use regedit to delete all traces of any reference to that program.
To do this go to your start menu and type in regedit at the bottom in the box and press enter in Windows Vista/7 or if using a older version of Windows, go to the start menu, run, and then type in regedit there.
Next you have to go to each HKEY folder in the left panel.

Yours might be a little different then mine but it will look something like this:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
HKEY_USERS
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

Start with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and find the folder of the company that makes your VST. Delete the whole folder AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER VST BY THE SAME COMPANY!. If you have another VST by the same company, go into the folder instead and delete the VST folder that don't work.

Next go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then the Software folder. Check for the VST in there and delete the folder if you find it.

Next go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then the Software folder. Check for the VST in there and delete the folder if you find it.

You do not have to go to the last 2, HKEY_USERS or HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG. That is it. Restart your computer and then try to re-install your VST

With some VSTs/programs you might also have to delete another folder. If what I just told you to do above does not work, I will tell you what other folder to delete.

Last edited:
Hey AbsurdNY! I tried your way of removing all files associated with XLN Addictive drums and I did i t all nad restarted my PC windows 7!
But still when i try installing Addictive drums it says it is installed already and won't let me do the installation.
You said you know some other folders that should be deleted. Could you PLEASE give me a hint on what to do about it?
Thanks a lot!!!

Dude, you just went to the fold in "windows explorer" and "shift+del" the folder? That's not a good thing to do...

Get a program like Uninstall Gold or something like that.There are plenty of free ones all over the net.

It will see everything installed and if there is any trace of AD on there you can remove it from there.Had the same problem with pro-tools,used U.G and had no problems with the new install.

Peace

Back