Hello, I just joined today, and I have a question :D

Yes it is, its all about how you use it. Theres tons of R&B and hip hop singles produced by some of your favorite producers and artists that were made on FL Studio.

Could I get a few names maybe? I really am only into music genres such as Trance, Dubstep, or House. Just any sort of Electronic music. Not so much into rap or R&B though.

Could I get a few names maybe? I really am only into music genres such as Trance, Dubstep, or House. Just any sort of Electronic music. Not so much into rap or R&B though.

Skrillex has used FL before... I know he uses Cubase now, but I'm almost 100 percent sure he used to use FL..

Welcome to FP!

All the "big name" DAW's have similar functions, the workflow's where they differ (not sure if FL is geared towards recording though, but you probably are looking for something to sequence music made on your computer, not for something to record instruments or vocals). So what you use should first and foremost be based on what you prefer using and what suits your needs, not what other people like to work with.

Welcome!

It doesn't matter which DAW you use. They're all more or less the same, it's all up to whatever you prefer, whatever you feel more comfortable with and what you feel keeps your workflow going on.
I mean, they are more or less the same, BUT they do have their strong points and their weak points. For example I mainly use Logic because I find it the most user friendly and I like the interface etc. But my latest track has some kind of "oldskool part" which samples a lot of famous tracks from the 90s. After I had sampled the parts from the tracks I wanted, I needed to bring them to the tempo of my track. For that, I personally find that Logic isn't that good, because there is a big quality loss as soon as the tempo (or pitch/key) is changed on a sample. Ableton Live is very good for all things pitch and speed. That's why I changed the tempos in Live, and then imported them in Logic again.

See what I mean? I know a lot of producers do it this way too - they don't just work with one software. It's all up to whatever you need and whatever you like. And there's no "golden rule" or something like this.

The reason why I did those samples in Ableton was not because I "heard somewhere" that Logic isn't good for that or because mister SuperStarFamousDJProducerFromHollywood uses something else than Logic. It's because it was a pain doing it in Logic, and I had enough of trying and failing. So I did some research on what I needed (change the speed of tracks with minimum quality loss) and after reading some reviews, I decided to test Ableton. Now that I like it, I keep it for this.

Back