Hello all

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this game from Essex in the UK. I only start doing this three weeks ago - but I am finding making music to be addictive and completely absorbing. I'm a long time music fan who always considered himself musically untalented, mostly as I've never really taken that well to playing instruments, though I can play a few I consider myself to be mediocre at best.

I am mostly making House and Techno influenced tracks but am old and out of the loop enough to only vaguely know the difference between the two genres, let alone the various sub-genres. Musically for me it all started in my early teens with The Prodigy's Jilted Generation, then I went through Orbital, 808 State, Chemical Brothers Aphex Twin and others before discovering Metal, Indie (New Order!) and various experimental stuff like Captain Beefheart, then onto Jazz, Classical and then full circle to a lot of modern Techno like Umfang, Helena Hauff and also a lot of Synth/Chill wave.

Creatively I want to aim high and bring an open-ended attitude to my music, I'm not really aiming for party bangers but if people dance at home I will be happy :).

PS I keep meaning to make some synthwave, I think this will be my next project.

Back