have to make a right decision.

i'm kinda mixed i was using Fl studio on windows 3 years.
thinking of getting my music to the "next level" i bought macpro,and how we all know Fl studio for mac is only beta version and it's not so good yet,i already tried it on my mac and it was lagging while RAM usege was only 4% maybe i didn't set right buffering amount?

which of DAW'S can be more likely for hip hop/trap/EDM/club?

Ableton is def geared towards EDM. But I like it for evwerything.

If your just talking built in instruments the id say Ableton is geared towards old school EDM of the early 90 late 80s.

Trying to shoehorn Fruity Loops into a Mac is usually a sign that you are falling victim to the Halo Effect...so you need to stop and think about what you are really basing your decisions upon so you don't make the same kind of mistake when selecting a Mac compatible DAW, find out exactly what will work with your OS version, don't just make assumptions that shit will just work when upgrading either...."it just works" is nothing more than a marketing slogan, kind of funny when you think about how hard they push Apple care...."if it just works, then why do I need Apple care?"....that's some Halo Effect shit too, where people buy into the hype and believe they will have far less problems on a Mac, like they can upgrade to the latest Mac OS version and their third party software and hardware won't shit itself at all.....another common mistake I see people make is buying a new DAW to run on an old under spec computer, so that's something to take into consideration too.

Don't worry about what brands other people are using because there is often more too it than that superficial shit you see on the surface, for example big studios have traditionally used Macs to host Pro Tools DSP hardware which does most of the heavy lifting instead of the computer and yet all people tend to notice is the brand of computer or software without realizing that it's going to work quite differently because the consumer shit they intend to use relies upon native processing.....in which case they might have actually been better off going with something else....but they got caught up in the Halo Effect.

Last edited:
music to the next level? changing your daw doesn't mean your music is automatically going to get better... mikewill is arguably the hottest producer in the game and he uses fl

Back