Good Headphone Dilemma

Bare-E Raws

Alright so I'm buying headphones in Australia with a price range of around 300.00 bucks US or CAN. I am using them for production of electronic music while I'm am travelling(Ya I know this is dumb and I need monitors) .But heres the problem... Apparently some stores won't let you demo them before you buy them... Ya pretty dumb right? I asked the guy he said "Would you go try out a toothbrush at a dentists that everyone else has tried too?" To which I replied "How in the F**k are those even relatively the same?!" Then I stormed out the store in disgust after realizing I would rather not waste my time and by cheaper online if I'm not going to demo them. BUT I DIGRESS. Here is a list of some headphones I've been eye ballin' lately and I want YOU, yes YOU! The reader to give me the downlow on these headphones tell me your opinion! Which ones you would go with! Which ones you have personally listened to! And throw some other top quality headphone ideas my way as well!

HERE WE GO!
1. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 ohm
2. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm
3. AKG K 702
4. Shure SRH 940
5. Seinheiser HD 558

I may have missed some terrific headphones available on the market so if you have any others then throw em' in a reply for me and I will be sure to consider em!

Last edited:
I would like to try out any piece of gear. You'd think the mentality of a music store employee would be the same.

That said, I haven't tried any of the cans you listed. I can only add that I have tried the Bose QC-3 headphones - around that same price range - and they are my next upgrade. I demo'd them with a familiar piece of gear in-store, and I was blown away. Consider them, if you haven't already.

I never really looked at Bose for headphones ill have to check them out. Do many producers and studios use Bose?

No bose are not studio cans by any stretch.
Some $12 koss KSC75's would be more accurate believe it or not.

Back