A good Bass Vst or soundfonts

cloudbelievers

Hi I am looking for a good bass VST or sound fonts I want that deep gangsta sounding bass. Don't tell me to use 3x-osc because I don't know how, or any other program that requires a lot of shaping and what not, because i never learned how to shape my own sound. I'm looking for preset sounds here. Please help, thank you!

Massive is great for basses, has tons of presets and is hugely popular so there are tons of tuts on youtube.

You need to know how to make your own sounds, even if it is just tweaking levers on Massive or 3xosc. You can never be taken seriously by using presets alone. BUT if that's what you want, yeah Massive is a good one. So is Harmless (I think it's called that) that comes with FL Studio.

dude, less of the judging, alright - not everyone rolls like you do and that is a good thing.....

So I learned how to use 3x osc to make a pretty nice bass today, but I can only really make one good bass sound with it. I understand real basic stuff when it comes to turning the knobs to make the sound, but when there is like a page full of knobs and buttons, it's intimidating and honestly I haven't learned that yet. I plan to in the future though. For now I'll try massive. Thanks for the reply everyone.

Trilian is the king of all bass VSTs. I don't think you can get much better than it. Whether it's acoustic, electric, or synth bass. It has anything you could ever want or need. I load it in literally every project, b/c 98% of my projects have a bassline somewhere.

A good smaller, synthy alternative is Rob Papen's subboombass. Has some really good presets in it.. it's directed towards bass. I'm sure u can do anything with it since it's just a synth, but the bass presets are very good and you can tweak off of the presets.

dude, less of the judging, alright - not everyone rolls like you do and that is a good thing.....

Sorry, I realised that sounded a bit harsh. I wasn't judging, just saying that from my experience you can't get anywhere with them alone. I played my early dubstep tracks to people and they were just like what the ****, thats Brutal Electro off the Massive presets. Kind of embarrassing when your use of presets is focused on more than the song.

Trilian is the king of all bass VSTs. I don't think you can get much better than it. Whether it's acoustic, electric, or synth bass. It has anything you could ever want or need. I load it in literally every project, b/c 98% of my projects have a bassline somewhere.

A good smaller, synthy alternative is Rob Papen's subboombass. Has some really good presets in it.. it's directed towards bass. I'm sure u can do anything with it since it's just a synth, but the bass presets are very good and you can tweak off of the presets.
I use Rob Papen's subboombass for 80% of my sub basses it comes up in my template
and alot of 808's that aren't punchy
but SubBoomBass is the stuff
I wish I could get my hands on Trilian
I wonder if they have a demo
but Massive and 3x-osc are great for thumping bass sounds
I have alot of presets for basses for both
and use those
I need to get more into sound design
but with a family I only get a small amount of time to make beats
got some time now I better make a beat while I can

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
There was this one I had called pressure, it had some nice basses, can't seem to find it on the net though :(

I'd go with massive though and get some free presets.

I would recomend just getting a good sampler (Sample goes in-play keys) and searching for the samples you want. i reccomend this, not to be a duech but because bass vst's blow dogs for quarters. Its kind of one of those things like "why reinvent the wheel", so basically nobody is spending time creating a pro quality bass vst because using 808 type samples is easy as fcuck.

Think of it like this. Would you rather have a vst that can make maybe (and I stress maybe) 10 different bass sounds....or.....30 different samples that you can still play with your keys (and get for free)?

spelling lesson it is "douche", very similar to the English douse; simply means wash(ing) or rinse or dampen; in the context of "douche bag" it means a bag used to wash or rinse a certain body part......

Now to your content: you are an A grade loser if you think that is the only bass sound out or that the style of music you make is the style of music the original poster makes is the same. There is nothing formulaic or process-oriented (ala Henry Ford) about making music, unless you are making bad music....

I have multiple synths, multiple samples and I will still spend some time each production session tweaking my bass sound so that it sounds how I want for the particular track I am working on. To not spend this time is to cheat myself and my listeners of an opportunity to hear something new.

Yeah I guess I did take for granted that he is doing hip hop production so that is my faulty assumption.

You dont have to be a complete anus though. We all take peoples posts with a grain of salt. So should you.

And to the OP, that recommendation was all "in my opinion" so take it for what its worth, which may or may not be worth anything to you hahaha...

Edit: He did say he wanted that "deep gangsta bass" so yeah my recommendation still stands. I could drop him a pack of about 30 of the hardest bass samples you can find. Bass is my specialty;)

Last edited:
Trillian. If you don't want to learn how to mold your own sounds Trillian has every bass sound you will probably need.

---------- Post added 01-12-2013 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-11-2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

Yeah I guess I did take for granted that he is doing hip hop production so that is my faulty assumption.

You dont have to be a complete anus though. We all take peoples posts with a grain of salt. So should you.

And to the OP, that recommendation was all "in my opinion" so take it for what its worth, which may or may not be worth anything to you hahaha...

Edit: He did say he wanted that "deep gangsta bass" so yeah my recommendation still stands. I could drop him a pack of about 30 of the hardest bass samples you can find. Bass is my specialty;)
Just throwing this out there. A moog bass is equally considered a gangsta bass depending on what kind of hip hop the individual wants to make. For example I make hip hop I don't make southern hip hop and don't use a lot of 808s. I love 808s don't get me wrong but it doesn't always fit with what I want to do. I tend to make stuff that is sample heavy so for me a synth bass or sometimes a bass guitar is a lot more effective than an 808 for what I do. That said there are some dope ass bass vsts out there even for 808s. I tend to dislike 808 samples because they are too one dimensional and because making an 808 bass on a synth takes all of 15 seconds

yeah not all my samples are 808 either, not sure If i said that. Cause yeah like you said sometimes the 808 sound is just one dimensional. What I do though is mess with the saturation and I have an EQ plugin that works boss for bass. So My sampler allows me to play all the notes that a vst can and my plugins allow me to change the specifics of the sound. Sometimes an epic bass synth is cool for the bass line though. EQ it so its hard and that is cool too, but for the most part I use samples.

If you can find a good bass vst, awesome. I just know that samples work for me so thats my angle;)

Back