Girl in the music production :O

Elouise13

Hi guys,
I am a girl and I want to do my own music. I know that women in the field of music production are not very ordinary so I want to ask. Do you know any girl who is interested in this as well as me? Or is here any girl producer?
Also want to know if is anybody here planning to study at SAE Glasgow/London this year in September?
Thanks for letting me know :)

you may want to chat with Winifred Phillips

there are a few other girls/women who hang out at fp, Charley Morgan is one

have a look and enjoy

ask questions taht you think of - no such thing as a silly question just unasked ones

fellow girl producer here! literally just getting started on the actual music production front so i'm a complete beginner when it comes to that, nice to see there's other girls in the same position as me

good! i sent u a message :) since im new here i dont really know how this site works bc i cant see any sent messages or whatever o_O so hope it was successfully sent even i cant see it :D

have you clicked the option to keep a copy of sent mail?

in your settings your can turn this on

scroll down

this will take you to
My Account -> General Settings -> scroll down in the body of the page to Sent Private Messages:
choose one of the two options
scroll down to the bottom of the page and save

I am not a girl, but I think it is great that girls are also getting into it. And good luck with your production :)

BTW, you don't need to study at SAE to be a great producers, most great ones didnt. Start with free tutorials and then move on to paid ones if you want to. But if you want to become a MIXING or MASTERING engineer, then SAE is a good idea ;) Unnecessary for composing though.

thanks kuzami :)
i just want to attend the short course where they show me some basics in mixing and mastering and other things and then i want to apply for ACM (academy of contemporary music) which seems to be a good one for learning composing. cause i can learn by myself of course but i think moving to uk and be in touch with all producers, have access to studio etc., be closer to all those opportunities can make a big difference.

thanks kuzami :)
i just want to attend the short course where they show me some basics in mixing and mastering and other things and then i want to apply for ACM (academy of contemporary music) which seems to be a good one for learning composing. cause i can learn by myself of course but i think moving to uk and be in touch with all producers, have access to studio etc., be closer to all those opportunities can make a big difference.

I understand you. Good luck :) Be sure to share some of your music and what you have learnt when the time comes :)

Girl Prod

I'm a girl in music production. I'm working my way into DJing, but I have some material up on Always willing to help out! drop me a line sometime. ;-) Also check out JES and DJ Rap... those girls are rocking it pro, and always posting helpful information around.

SB

Last edited by a moderator:
another female producer here!! been doing this for about 10 months now, still learning and developing as i go along

@jaeshady32 Awesome! I've been worked at it off and on since I was 15.... so it's been like 12 years? wow. Anyway, I've been serious about getting my digital skills up for the past 3-4 years. I studied music and youth programming in university. Studied piano from age 4 so I have a decent little background in sound. I am apprenticed to Composer Sean Beeson so if I don't know something I may be able to ask. Producing definitely has a steep learning curve.. but it's so worth it. The community is great, and supportive, and the possibilities are endless; limited only by our minds. I would love to hear what your working on and would be happy to provide feedback. :-)

Last edited:
Back