Getting started - help me choose the right route for me.

peshti

Alright so I'm actually not new here but been of for a long while.

I'm moving soon to finally a firsthand apartment that will make it a lot easier for me to make music/beats and I need some insight.

I need some insights and tips.

This is what I'm considering buying, not all of the stuff but I haven't decided which route to take and all this is for sample based beats.

Ableton live suit with ableton push 2 - basically it seems that ableton live is amazing when it comes to sampling and the workflow seems well pretty good, I have actually tried ableton in the past not for long though but I got around to at least make something okay in it. Push 2 seems to be a good controller but I have never used or touch one. I don't like to pay for every update ableton does since I'm an fl studio guy and I love lifetime free updates, I don't know how often the major updates are, do I have to pay for an update every year, ever third etc?

Maschine mk3 - I have owned 2 machines mk2 in the past, I made something decent eventually on them it but for some reason it never felt intuitive for me. Idk if I can blame the maschine on this, I lived in cramped place. I didn't even have a desktop to put it on properly etc. Yes my old place was this cramped, I basically used it in my sofa while having my laptop on my knees, this is why I sold my machines the timing wasn't just right. This is when I started trying ableton and I liked that better I think.

Midi controller/drum maschine etc for FL studio - I love fl studio, I can't express how much. Now for composing meaning only putting in notes in the piano roll the choice for me is obvious, I would chosen fl studio but for sampled beats idk. The simpler in ableton and all the workflow for sampled based seems just faster, easier and better. Also controllers might work easier in ableton.

Right now I'm thinking I might go with ableton for sampled beats and compose music in fl studio, I don't only make sampled beats. I also make orchestral tracks and that is just amazing at least for me in FL studio.

I appreciate all insights I get!

Thanks

Peshti

Oh you can sample in fl studio. I have done some decent sampling in fl studio, I have just heard ableton is superior when it comes to sampling because of the warp sampling etc.

Most of the stuff in the equipment artivlr you provided is on my to buy list, maybe I won't buy monitors for now, idk.

FL studio is definitely my daw when it compose to compising like a complex orchestral track with a lot of layers.

Back