Getting started with Audio Drivers and Digital Audio Workstation

SCP173

Hello,

So I finally started learning music production, but I am so confused about my audio drivers. If anyone is familiar with Cubase, I am trying to learn with it (I am a complete beginner to this stuff). I am following a course to learn, but my issue is odd. I have 3 Audio Drivers according to the Studio Setup window from the Studio tab: ASIO4all v.2, Realtek ASIO, and Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver. When I am using ASIO4allv.2, I get no sounds from the playback on my file manager when I try to import a sound sample. With Realtek ASIO, for some reason, my Windows volume has to be above 50 to get the playback to actually play the sound. Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver works properly, however, when I use it, my other sources such as Youtube and Udemy which use audio do not play anymore, which is an issue since I use a course on Udemy to learn Cubase.

Is there any way to get everything working without having to buy an external audio driver or something? I'm not really familiar with audio drivers so I'll try to make sense of any suggestions or explanations that you people tell me.

Thanks for reading!

What interface are you using? What does the manufacturer and/or Cubase recommend?

I’m guessing that your computer’s brain is very confused right now.

GJ

So this is what Cubase says after searching it up :
"On Windows operating systems, we recommend that you access your hardware via an ASIO driver developed specifically for the hardware. If no ASIO driver is installed, contact the manufacturer of your audio hardware for information on available ASIO drivers. If no specific ASIO driver is available, you can use the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver."
I believe my default should be the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver cause that's the only result that popped up when I searched the name "ASIO" on my windows bar.
I am also using Cubase Elements 10.5.

Cubase is for me one of the most powerful music creation software packages in the world. With its unrivaled range of flexible tools, you can create any kind of music quickly and intuitively. It comes packed with a wide range of virtual instruments, effects and thousands of sounds. Whether you're a professional composer or a music production beginner

Nice copy from a Cubase ad... :(

To the OP— No, what specific *hardware* (i.e. interface or controller device) are you trying to use with Cubase?

GJ

Back