Funky smell coming out of my monitors

Fbeats

I just made a beat and i bumped it max volume.. not long after, i smell this weird chemical shyt. Its hard to explain..it smells like gas or something.
did i just fck up my monitors? or is that smell common? btw my monitors are not grounded.. is it a must to have it grounded?

I u got M-Audio, They might BLOW!!!!!! so dont turn them up to the max especially if u are using a mixer

Sounds to me like the voice coil got a lil hot and u might be smelling the melting glue that surrounds it.

Alright thanks yall, thats probably it then. Pretty weird thread, i know lol. but this has been bothering me for a while. thanks again.

Fbeats said:
I just made a beat and i bumped it max volume.. not long after, i smell this weird chemical shyt. Its hard to explain..it smells like gas or something.
did i just fck up my monitors? or is that smell common? btw my monitors are not grounded.. is it a must to have it grounded?

I SWEAR this same thing happened to me just yesterday!!!

LOL

I thought my client had sprayed something in the air when i wasnt looking....LOL

I wasnt cranking the sounds up though....just regular use....it went away after a while......

(KrK V6's)
They still sound good so I guess Im straight...

damn ur beats are so bad they make ur monitors smell

LOL new beat diss!!

funny stuff though

Red Xii said:
I u got M-Audio, They might BLOW!!!!!! so dont turn them up to the max especially if u are using a mixer

What? Any speaker can "blow" if driven too hard, and I kinda doubt M-Audio's stuff is more fragile. Having a mixer doesn't have anything to do with it.

Back