Fruityloops FL Studio 7 Edition???

beatsdatbang

Whats up peeps? Happy holidays to erbody!!!

I'm looking to get into computer music and was wondering if fruity loops studio 7 edition (the $99.00 one) Would be good for tracking audio. What i mean by tracking audio is, I have a yamaha motif original and it has no per track eq and u can only apply one effect to each track. I want to purchase floops because i would like to record each track of a beat that i made with motif into floops and edit it. So my question is,,,Is fruity loops studio a good audio tracking program? If not i'm looking to looking to get one thats in 99.00 to 150.00 price range that can run good on windows vista.

Thanks alot~One

i would go for the producer's edition. it's only $50 more.

i think the $100 version is actually the only one that really isn't good for what u'r lookin for. i don't think it shows the waveforms. u'r gonna have to double check that with someone tho.

producer's edition is [technically] more capable then an mpc

also, Ableton Live LE is $150, but i don't know much about it cuz i got the full version.
http://www.ableton.com/live-le

FL might be the best bang for u'r buck, but check out Live too

Last edited by a moderator:
^^I woulda got the Producer version of FL, but GC was out of that version!! :mad:

So I got the Fruityloops edition and can't even record vocals directly into FL or simply import an acapella in the song sequencer!!

should of posted this on the software section.. but get the most expensive one.. Invest in some drum kits.. virtual instruments, and a midi controller.. with a good ear you'll be good to go

^^the most expensive one is the same as Producer's edition except it comes with mad sounds/synths. i would just get producers edition and then get reason or some other synth/sound library.

FL is the best program ever for making beats... but for JUST tracking audio? I think you could find some other options that work better for that purpose. Hell you could get Reaper if that's all you need it for.

Fruity Loops Is Deff Not The Best For Tracking Audio, Actually It Pretty Much Sucks At That. The Mixing Is Limited. Programs like cubase and Pro Tools is better for it. I Only Use FL as a VST for my percussion samples.

I am pretty sure you need the Producer version to record
audio in FL.The cheaper one will not let you do it.
Plus you need asio drivers.

everytime there is a thread about FL Xabiton pops out like mr Kool Aid and says Fcuk Fruity Loops.. why all that hate and anger?? :(

No hate and anger. I just feel FL is over rated. Live does everything FL does better than FL does. Cubase > FL and I stopped using Cubase years ago.

Flat-out... among the prodoosa community, it's cool and hip to not phuck with FL. FL gave so many the foundation to make beats, yet you hear so many say... "I stopped using it", "I've outgrown it", "I'm ready to move on". People like to be perceived as complex, people want everyone to know exactly what they've done and that it was an incredibly difficult task. Even if FL works better for them, they want everyone to know they used SONAR! And since the average listener doesn't really give a phuck... everyone heads over to places like FP where we are hip to all these apps, so they can make themselves feel realllll special and uber techically sound... they'll be damned to work with a program that has fruity in the name. Say what you want, but it's all true. At the rapid pace technology moves, all these programs pretty much do the same damn thing... on the surface none is really better than the other, it's about what works best for you. If you like the 15 steps it takes in Cubase to accomplish the same feat that would take 1 step in FL, then go that route.

Damn essays.

I'm glad u all love FL. Easier is most often better I don't disagree. I just find Cubase to be easier than FL. I find FL to be annoying to use and not very fun. I like doin things manually. I guess aka the hard way.

Xabiton said:
Damn essays.

I'm glad u all love FL. Easier is most often better I don't disagree. I just find Cubase to be easier than FL. I find FL to be annoying to use and not very fun. I like doin things manually. I guess aka the hard way.

like getting nailed to a cross in a very small town to spread the good news to the entire populated world instantaneously. way to go jesus.

Sonar Home Studio, Reaper, Traktion, or any number of audio recording programs in your price range (that are intended for the very purpose the OP needs) is more suited for recording than FL Studio.

Xabiton said:
Damn essays.

I agree.It maybe easy with somethings but very annoying in others,
like with midi controllers

Here is what you need to know... FL is GREAT but not for tracking vocals. On that point, its okay and not easy to edit and record nondestructively. For that, go to Pro Tools, MOTU Digital Preformer, Cubase, Audity, Wavelab, and the list goes on. Just "Google" non destructive editing and find a demo. Work with that for a while and see what you like best. FL Studio is an amazing beat maker, sequencer, and solid "basic" wave editor (w/edison) but lacks a non destructive recording/editing. That is problaby what your looking for...

Xabiton said:
Damn essays.

Well, I am glad your happy with Cubase but you will never recieve comissions from Steinberg.....

Last edited:
Marol said:
Well, I am glad your happy with Cubase but you will never recieve comissions from Steinberg.....
Nor am I lookin for one. But I got one from Sony for jockin Acid hard. WOOOOOO! I use Sonar thanks

Back