FREE DAW AGIAN! Petition for more features here!!!!

Morning_Star

ProTools + Reason user
Just in case you don't know Presonus is offering a free version of Studio One. Unlimited Audio and Midi tracks. One problem. No VST/AU support. That means you only can use the couple of plugins it comes with and you only can use the Presonus sample player. No synths or other instruments. Still great option if you want to start out with Studio One instead of Cubase Le or Reaper. You don't have to authorize anything. Just download and install the demo and click run as free version.

Also I'm petitioning for more features. We need a little freedom if they want to really build a user base.
I say they need to add:
1) Mojito synth, easy sample player and Impact Drum machine. No third party instruments but at least the Presonus stuff.
2) 4 vst fx's per channel (so we can use demo's and some of the amazing free stuff out there).
3) 16 Audio Track Limit (we can't get all the features I'm suggesting with out giving up something. 5 for hook, 3 for each verse, 2 for ect.).
4) 4 Buss Track Limit (like a real analog board).
5) 8 Midi tracks (enough for a couple of drum tracks and pad, lead, hook, fx. Impact will make this enough)
6) No rewire support.

You want to give enough features that poor starting producers will love it but limit it just enough that they will purchase it as soon as they can afford it. This also allows studios to open stem sessions by simply downloading Studio One free edition when someone brings in a session done in Studio One Pro.

They could also sell upgrades for Studio One free edition, like vst support for $10, 32 audio tracks for $5, third party vst instruments (only one per channel) for $25. Kinda like IK Multimedia's approach to Amplitube Custom Shop. Buy the features as your needs grow. Genius. I wish I could have downloaded a free software and paid for the features one at a time as I learned how to use them and why I need them. Instead you got newbies downloading cracked Waves Mercury bundle and wondering what it's used for.

You have a good point! Im very curious about PreSonus and I must agree with your opinion about the features, actually sounds like a really good plan. Also I very much like the idea of buying upgrades as your needs evolve.

Just bought the AudioBox 22vsl, and precisiely installed the artist version of Studio one, really looks great this far.

Smart.

Glad to hear you're on the S1 train!!! haha. I been on it for 1-2 years and haven't looked back. Can't wait for V3!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

FYI..... version 2.5 should be coming out any day now

Back