Which FL Studio edition should i buy?

marsmusic1991

Hello again guys

Another question for ya, i should be buying FL studio in a few weeks/months time, question is, which one, there's the Producer edition, Signature or just the plain Fruity edition.

I wanna learn the S**t out of this DAW, so i wanna be able to explore it's full potential really, money "isn't" a real option, but i know Sig is a lot more expensive

Hello again guys

Another question for ya, i should be buying FL studio in a few weeks/months time, question is, which one, there's the Producer edition, Signature or just the plain Fruity edition.

I wanna learn the S**t out of this DAW, so i wanna be able to explore it's full potential really, money "isn't" a real option, but i know Sig is a lot more expensive

Signature bundle.

I would look at the producer vs the signature bundle - the standard fl version doesnt have automation clips and audio clips <- important stuff if u want to learn the shit out of it.

So what does the signature bundle contain?

bullet2.gif

All Producer Edition features plus...

bullet2.gif

SoundFont sample player to unlock your access to the many free Soundfont sample libraries you can find online.

bullet2.gif

Video player video scoring aid.

bullet2.gif

DirectWave full sampler.

bullet2.gif

Sytrus synthesizer.

bullet2.gif

Maximus multiband maximizer.

bullet2.gif

Hardcore guitar effects suite.

If you want to do video scoring then definately go for the sig bundle, will you use soundfonts? Directwave, sytrus, maximus or hardcore? that will depend on what third party vsti's and vsts you have.

Well, one thing i could do is buy said vst's and other stuff later on in the year, once I've got a good idea of the stuff that im playing about with, because the stuff that comes with it looks like a great deal with the price of it

fruity edition is basically almost the same price as reaper.
producer edition is regular fl studio with all the built in effects.
signature bundle has all the vsts from imageline and most people actually think these are fl exclusive lol they can be used in a lot of daws and vice versa.
ableton or reaper plus grossbeat= one hell of a monster.

anyways enough rambling fruity edition=100, prod edition 200-300, signature ranges from 400-700 because of all of those imageline plugins.

Again, people are arguing on what is the best daw. The OP already decided to buy FL Studio, so he won't buy reaper, or ableton or any other DAW.

Imo, you should get the Producer Edition of FL Studio, and, IF you feel the need for any other Image-Line's plugin not included on that edition, you can buy it separately.

Get the Demo and save the money. :D

I've only had the demo, and it works fine for me. Got me a record deal, without spending anything. lol

Get the Demo and save the money. :D

I've only had the demo, and it works fine for me. Got me a record deal, without spending anything. lol

and you couldn't save your projects what is the point
I have had producer edition since 2007 and I love it
only thing I went back and brought was
the soundfont player(because it just works better than other soundplayers INSIDE of FL Studio)$35 was cheap
I might buy sytrus thing year but it's not that important to me
as I have some great synths like
Sylenth1,Massive,Nexus,ZT3, alchemy,etc...
I suggest buying third-party VSTs that have tons of free or pay for presets out there
AND THAT CAN MAKE THEIR OWN SOUNDS
this will allow you have a full array of sounds for your productions

-Coach Antonio/Saint Antonio

There's a few options at your disposal.
I currently still use FL Studio 10 & it gets the job done, no problem. However, the Signature version will give you the whole package & maximize your outcomes, but in all honesty it doesn't really matter. I would suggest the producer or signature edition, if money isn't a big thing though.
Good luck with it.

I would wait for the Bitwig Studio demo next week before buying a new DAW. To me, it looks like a combination of Live, FL Studio and Renoise rolled into one program, and for me it might be exactly what I have been looking for (I bounce around between different DAWs). It may be a bug-ridden mess, or it may be great, no way to really say without reviews and a demo.

But anyway, if you're set on FL Studio, then I think the signature edition is best because it comes with a ton of stuff so that (for a while at least) you won't have to look for additional plugins and can stay within the "native" FL ecosystem for some time. Sytrus is pretty awesome. That said, they frequently have sales. When I picked up the signature edition, I think I got a 70% discount during a New Years sale.

I first had the Fruity Edition but I upgraded to the Producer Edition because I need the piano roll editing and audio features such as ASIO in recording and the Edison audio editor. I also use automation a lot.

Paying $100 extra for the XXL version makes sense to me if you really like Sytrus which normally is $179 (you'll get the DirectWave Sampler and some other plug-ins as well so it's a pretty good deal)

Purchase the full product, it is insane how valuable it is. if you do not have money, earn some, while sketching ideas on the demo product

I would get the signature edition because of the additional plugins. You will always make your money back. It's a very solid product.

Wow I never actually knew any of this lol! I just went straight for signature edition and then have recently made the move over to Ableton!

I know it's 6 Years since the first Post but for other ppl who are still undecided:

If you choose FL as your preferred DAW just go for the top-notch Signature bundle (but not the all plugins bundle - it's too expensive).

For me as a trap producer it was essential to have gross beat which is included in the Signature bundle!

Back