Fl studio/audio interface problem

TreyJ

J. Encore
(I'm reasking this question)

"Not enough ASIO output channels available. At least 2 channels are needed"?

^^^Thats what pops up when i try 2 open fl studio. i use an M-Audio Fast Track Pro. i've checked and windows says that i have the latest drivers, nd it also says the device is "connected and working properly" n the computer's devices panel. whenever i try 2 set the FTP as an audio input/output, it pops up w/ "error while creating the AISO driver." when i pull up the M-Audio Fast Track Pro properties panel, it says its not connected nd i cant set or do anything to it (u know, the selection boxes nd options r grey instead of black). also i think the lights are supposed 2 light up on the device when i insert the audio cables from my keyboard into the mic/instrument jack. everything else is connected in fl studio, but i cant record anything from my motif es8 bc of this! im just a noob so idk where 2 start so HELP

Try switching back to your normal sound source in audio settings then close fl studio, you might have to turn off the ftp to make the warning boxes stop popping up. Turn the ftp off then back on and reopen fl studio. After that go to the audio settings and try to select the FTP. This is the way I solve the problem when it happens to me. The cause seems to be when other devices have been running through ftp. Close all other audio devices before turning the fast tack back on.

I sometimes get this when running Pro Tools and FL at the same time, but usually after I close Pro Tools it'll work. If that doesn't work I'll restart the computer.

Solved

I had the same problem and tried to find the answer, and didnt find

The problem is the interface, not the configuration on FL

Just uninstall the M-audio software ( in my case M-audio fast track C600)
restart your computer
and install the driver again
(I used the software CD)
I hope I've helped

Back