Finding People To Buy Your Beats!!!!

pharrell88

i've recently decided to start selling my beats, but looking for people is sooo hard!!! aren't there any websites like music.myspace.com that have artists wanting to buy music? i mean not like soundclick where the artists look for the beatmakers, but where the beatmaker looks for the artists!!!:monkey:

One of the only thing I would consider is actually visiting local talent and if you don't feel there music is hitting, and you aren't seeing a crowd of bobbleheads, maybe thats a cue for you to try and interact with them. Maybe give them a business cards (hit up kinkos, or office depot and get prices to get these manufactured). Make sure you present yourself like you are there go to guy. Also as for websites, just browse around, contact artist and see if any of them are interested. Maybe post an add on Craigslist, and on your own contact pages let people know you are interested in business relations. If they don't know your a producer with product how are you going to make a business. Last note...Practice your Craft, and google is always your friend.

Last edited:
i'd say get kinkos cards like my man jesse.riddle said, then go out to events or w.e and just pass em out after. post up ads and just get interactive. if you got a little cousin or sibling or friend that is still in highschool/college, have them pass out flyers and stuff for you for kids at school.

it's all just a hustle my brotha ;P (from what i've heard)

my friend used to sell graffiti in school, how do you do that?! lmao.

I did a lot of passing out business cards and advertised in the local University of Memphis paper and recieved a few calls. most of my business comes from word of mouth.

Thats what I was trying to say. Get locals, so you gain Rep, and then it should help. I currently am spreading my skill around, but some people are just lazy about getting back.

Im still new at this, but when I set up my myspace I used the search feature and just added a bunch of local artists for my genre (I went letter by letter through the whole alphabet for my part of MN). I found a fair amount, and Im dealing with reggaeton/latin rap, which is fewer in number here than english hip-hop. At the moment Im laing somewhat low still, but I found some and have been working with some of them already. Thats what Id recommend for you. And then just ask around. But depending where you live, definately hit up the local talent. Ive found that the newer artists have been especially supportive and we're kind of growing together...hope that helps.

I already done got me some business cards made....just 250 for starters just to get my name known in my city....I try to holla at people who is serious about they music just as I am....I gots no time for games....

I also think the advertisng on a lot of different sites will increase you beat selling game...What about posting banners...Ya Feel Me?...I like a hustle...you gotta sit an mediate....How can I incease my sells...Im gonna try to read beat selling books...Take other people ideaz from reading then transform that idea into something that works for me...

It all comes down to....Do you really got love for this music... and the making of yo music?...If so youll push yo shyt regardless...Its hard pimp...Its not a get rich sheme..unless the chance of making a throwed azz track that sounds so tight to a Major label....

Its so many possibilties in this Music Pimp...I make my music and train and teach myself for the love of it....nothing else...BKster....

I try to holla at people who is serious about they music just as I am....I gots no time for games....[/QUOTE said:
I feel the same but its hard cuz a lot people don't want to pay for beats and always want something for free.

Don't underestimate the internet.

I made my first sale to a guy on a popular video game forum by promoting my page.

Czarthp said:
I feel the same but its hard cuz a lot people don't want to pay for beats and always want something for free.

Yea I know Pimp....I experience the same bustaz every other day...They say the got love for to rap but they actions say different...
You just gotta keep doing yo thang...keep pumping tracks out...keep letting Boyz know what you do and what you about...

Ayo pimp...free does'nt pay for our business...you can only give so much free...Like for instance....I just charge people 5 funky dollars a track to flow in my lab....this price is just for starters...it will increase as my mixing skills get better....and you know what....these niggaz refuse to pay 5 bucks a track....These are the type of niggaz you avoid..Real Talk.....They just out to hinder you and want everything Free...

Like I said in my previous reply....Its hard to find real artists that love to rap....and not just like to rap...a pair of lips says anything to get into yo studio.....I love to flow is what they say but as soon as you put a price on you shyt....they are no where to be found...Ill call them Free Loaders......BKster....

cntspitfiya said:
Don't underestimate the internet.

I made my first sale to a guy on a popular video game forum by promoting my page.
co-sign...i sold my first to a guy on a car forum...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back