Female Producers-GIRLS MAKE BEATS

Aye girl your pretty and you make beats dam I need to hear this. I agree with most guys on here though I don't think you should announce that your a female.

And that kitchen bs haha what is this the 80-90's who still says that haha I don't agree with that at all I just think its funny and stupid since its 2013 already

Welcome btw just ignore all the macho bs most guys are gonna tell you do your thing girl.

I wanted to keep my gender a secret, and idk what made me "come out" lol
out when I'm showing my beats or put them up for people I certainly don't release my gender because it does NOT matter. I want to get a gig or a job based on my ability.

But on here I wanted to be apart of this women's group. And I love it. Nothing wrong with being proud of being a strong independent woman and I happen to be a very talented musician.
End of story. We shouldn't look too hard into this

Hi guys,

My name is Tiffany Miranda. I am founder of an organization called Girls Make Beats, which is geared towards uniting, promoting and inspiring more female producers and engineers in the music industry. Thanks guys and I look foward to being a part of the forum! :)

Hey there! I've been a long time lurker on these forums but finally decided to actually make an account when I ran across this thread. I'm a female and recently (within the last year) decided to get into making my own music. Although I'm new to all of this, I think there definitely should be more support within the female producer/engineer community. That being said, I think what you're doing with Girls Make Beats is great! I checked out your youtube channel and just realized that I've actually watched some of your youtube videos before when I first started getting into this. What a small world :)

Hey there! I've been a long time lurker on these forums but finally decided to actually make an account when I ran across this thread. I'm a female and recently (within the last year) decided to get into making my own music. Although I'm new to all of this, I think there definitely should be more support within the female producer/engineer community. That being said, I think what you're doing with Girls Make Beats is great! I checked out your youtube channel and just realized that I've actually watched some of your youtube videos before when I first started getting into this. What a small world :)
Hi NekoBeats! Thanks so much for reaching out! It's nice to meet you and I'm glad to hear that you are into music production. Feel free to post on my Girls Make Beats Facebook page! Do you have links to your music?

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Aye girl your pretty and you make beats dam I need to hear this. I agree with most guys on here though I don't think you should announce that your a female.

And that kitchen bs haha what is this the 80-90's who still says that haha I don't agree with that at all I just think its funny and stupid since its 2013 already

Welcome btw just ignore all the macho bs most guys are gonna tell you do your thing girl.

Thank you! Nice to meet you!

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

im rooting for you too!! But you're already on your way! I'd def say you were famous.
Thanks Sam! :)

Yay! We snagged another one!
Welcome! Making music will change your life, it truly is amazing. Can't wait to hear some of your stuff!
I've been saying I'll post some of my stuff for awhile now, but i'm so hesitant. But i really need to get my work out there.

Congrats on starting in music! feel free to inbox me or whatever with any questions or if you just wanna talk about music :)

Hi NekoBeats! Thanks so much for reaching out! It's nice to meet you and I'm glad to hear that you are into music production. Feel free to post on my Girls Make Beats Facebook page! Do you have links to your music?

Thanks! I have a soundcloud but there's nothing posted on there yet :/ When I first started, I was a full time grad student and didn't have too much time on my hands. I also underestimated the learning curve for DAWs haha, so I've been moving at a snail's pace. Hopefully since I'm done with classes now, I can put something up soon. When I do I'll def let you and Sam know! :D

Yay! We snagged another one!
Welcome! Making music will change your life, it truly is amazing. Can't wait to hear some of your stuff!
I've been saying I'll post some of my stuff for awhile now, but i'm so hesitant. But i really need to get my work out there.

Congrats on starting in music! feel free to inbox me or whatever with any questions or if you just wanna talk about music :)

Thank you for the support! I may definitely have some questions in the future, I still consider myself quite the noob haha

Thanks! I have a soundcloud but there's nothing posted on there yet :/ When I first started, I was a full time grad student and didn't have too much time on my hands. I also underestimated the learning curve for DAWs haha, so I've been moving at a snail's pace. Hopefully since I'm done with classes now, I can put something up soon. When I do I'll def let you and Sam know! :D

Thank you for the support! I may definitely have some questions in the future, I still consider myself quite the noob haha
I'm so excited to hear both of you guys work! :) keep me posted!

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Or shall I say GIRLS' lol :)

I'm all for people producing music regardless of sex/age/race/etc/etc/etc, BUT when you say things like this

I do not feel the need to "use (my) gender as some sort of crutch."

and the first thing you post up is a picture of you nude, wearing nothing but high heels, you're contradicting yourself.. wouldn't you agree? It's great that you're an attractive woman that's interested in a male dominated field. You also have excellent, very clean sounding beats. With that said, if you don't want to use your gender as a crutch, you might want to rethink how you are marketing yourself. Yes, it is an excellent marketing tool for the masses.. but if you want to sincerely be acknowledged for you skill and not your sex, you're doing it wrong by introducing yourself with a fully nude picture, in heels, with a keyboard painted on your side..

Just my humble opinion.. take it with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Last edited:
Welcome! Nice to see a fellow female producer! :)

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

100% agree with you bruh.
Music is "Sex-less".
Girl or Guy, we all work hard to achieve that beautiful sound.

Couldn't say it better :)

Yea I don't understand the point in stating wether or not you're a girl. It makes no difference, if you produce good beats I'm sure artist wouldn't look away because ur a female?

Battle of the BeatMakers in my city last year was won by a girl, not only did she win she blew the competition out the water and she was like 16 years old or something. The fact that she was a female or her age wasn't even mentioned. We where listening for beats. When you post your beats on the net, however you do. if you're "producer name" doesn't give away that you're a female no one would know anyways.

It was definetely a good thread to start and get your name out there on FP, but I don't think gender matters if what you're producing is great.

I'm all for people producing music regardless of sex/age/race/etc/etc/etc, BUT when you say things like this

and the first thing you post up is a picture of you nude, wearing nothing but high heels, you're contradicting yourself.. wouldn't you agree? It's great that you're an attractive woman that's interested in a male dominated field. You also have excellent, very clean sounding beats. With that said, if you don't want to use your gender as a crutch, you might want to rethink how you are marketing yourself. Yes, it is an excellent marketing tool for the masses.. but if you want to sincerely be acknowledged for you skill and not your sex, you're doing it wrong by introducing yourself with a fully nude picture, in heels, with a keyboard painted on your side..

Just my humble opinion.. take it with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

In response to your "humble opinion" I'd like to address a response to my photo. First and foremost, God created us this way. I think there is nothing shameful about the human body regardless of how society may have distorted the image. Women in many societies have been oppressed to the point where they are considered property and are punished for merely showing their face. I don’t want to go to much into politics/religion but just know this picture was meant to signify fearlessness and being “free” as MUSIC allows me to be. I might also add it was done in good taste. Thank you for your response but I think it is you who might want to rethink your marketing strategy seeing that you're signature is "Funk me hard" when that can be construed as derogatory. "Just my humble opinion.. take it with a grain of salt."
I do thank you for clicking on the blog and taking a listen to my work. All the best to you!

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Yea I don't understand the point in stating wether or not you're a girl. It makes no difference, if you produce good beats I'm sure artist wouldn't look away because ur a female?

Battle of the BeatMakers in my city last year was won by a girl, not only did she win she blew the competition out the water and she was like 16 years old or something. The fact that she was a female or her age wasn't even mentioned. We where listening for beats. When you post your beats on the net, however you do. if you're "producer name" doesn't give away that you're a female no one would know anyways.

It was definetely a good thread to start and get your name out there on FP, but I don't think gender matters if what you're producing is great.

That is exactly my point, and I will address it again. It is NOT that I believe women should HAVE TO promote that they are a woman, indeed it would be great if the industry was in a place where we didn't have to see peoples jaw drop when you tell them you can use an audio software program like Pro Tools, but the reality is there are not a lot of women in the production and audio engineering fields so it is important for us to do something about it. I simply want to help inspire more of our presence in the music industry.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Welcome! Nice to see a fellow female producer! :)

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Couldn't say it better :)

Thank you! :)

Back